This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 reboots during activity

Hi,

I have been completing my first non-benchmark run on Garmin coach 10k programme.

My device (Venu 2) has restarted itself several times in the last 30 second of the cool-down (each time coming back to 30 seconds left). After the third restart, I have finished the activity manually at about 5 seconds left to avoid one more restart. I had started a regular run after finishing the previous activity immediately since I had 1.5 km to home.

This is my first Garmin device (a gift) which I really like, but I am worried that there is an issue with it and I don't have the receipt because it was a gift. The latest firmware is installed (Software is up to date — Version 3.24.0.0)

Thank you in advance, Daniyar

• There have been a few software updates already in the month or so since the Venu 2 was released. This seems like something that can be fixed with an update, hopefully it will. It's generally a great device.

Some of also experience an occasional reboot while changing watch faces, which again, sounds like a software bug. Please call Garmin support to be sure it's reported.

• Yeah, I like the watch a lot! Hope this gets resolved in future updates. From the track it looks like the watch lost GPS signal a few hundred meters before it went into the reboot loop.

Previously I had Huawei Band 3 Pro, which I still wear to this day just for the fun of comparing measurements. I think that Venu 2 has a lot more potential in terms of the sheer out of data that it gatheres. For now it lacks stability

• It happens for me too, always like 100m before my running activity is finished. I also do the 10k prgoramme! I also think it then does not count the steps correctly as I feel I do more steps than it shows after the workout. So I hiope this gets resolved fast as its a little annoying having to always stop the workout manually before its restarting!

• It has been happening to me as well.  I have exchanged my watch for a new one and it is still happening.  Do you notice the watch rebooting if you are not in the 10K program?  Wondering if it is something to do with that program?

• no, I only noticed it during the 10k programm! Yes I believe it is a bug where the watch reboots instead of ends the workout.

• Hi, for some reason the issue stopped appearing itself. I have not done anything for it to resolve. Try updating the GPS module software (it updates separately). Also, it never happened during any other activity. Now I. Fully happy with my watch. Just wish they added work load.

• Same thing here. I got the Venu 2s as a gift for mothersday and had the same issues with my 6k running workout. I got a new watch and the problem was gone till today :(. I really do hope that Garmin comes with an update soon because this sucks... My watch reboots and stops counting at 5,89k

• I just got an email from Garmin and they will be adding me to the case that the engineering team is investigating the issue.  They hope to be able to send an update to solve the problem instead of having me send the watch in again. 

• That sounds great! May I ask with what e-mailadres/name you are in contact with? I would like to add my problem as well. I’m so bummed my watch is giving the same problem AGAIN! 

• I just did a chat with customer service and had a ticket.  They have been emailing me from [email protected], but it is several different people, not one specific!