This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 losing ~50% battery over night?

Hello, I've been using my Venu 2 for a little over a week now and I've been loving it but just this morning something odd happened. I went to bed last night with the battery at about 50-60% and when I woke up there was a warning screen on my Venu 2 saying the battery was at 10%. I've been wearing my Venu 2 to bed every night since the 23rd of April with with no significant battery drain. I know I have sleep and wake times set as I've noticed raise to turn on stops/starts working at these times (I don't have the screen always on) and I have Pulse OX set to only record during sleep and it hasn't seemed to affected the battery that much. I also don't seem to have activated any kind of activity that would increase sensor usage or anything while sleeping. Is anyone else having this issue. Does anyone know if this is a software issue or is it possible my Venu 2 is defective?

• My Akku on the Garmin Venu 2 is empty after 21 hours

Scott is correct. I get better than that with AOD on and Pulse Ox at night.

• My issue seems resolved with 3.4 (so far). The battery is only burning 0.34% per hour so it might be 12 more days before I'm sure. 8-)  This battery longevity and the AMOLED touch screen are THE reasons I bought it and if it holds up like this with no inexplicable discharge issues I'll be one happy camper.

It never ceases to amaze me that the AppleDroids out there remain OK with the their watch's 2 day (maybe) battery life. Even my Samsung watch's four-day life seems puny compared to the Venu 2. Garmin clearly shows that it's possible to have multi-week endurance.

• Do you use the always-on-display? My watch drains the battery at about 2% per hour with AOD and third-party watch faces. With a built-in watch face, it's closer to 1.5% per hour. I don't like wearing a big black circle on my wrist that looks like it should be a watch, so I use the AOD with an analog watch face. Smirk

• No, AOD is off. I find the motion sensing works amazingly well. I mean, I never think about it. I glance down, it's on, every time. With the Samsung it replaced more often than not had to force it on by pressing a button (or whacking it on a table - ha-ha). I don't use it for any activity tracking since I mainly bought it to track health metrics like HR and sleep patterns. My Samsung worked fine for this too but I found charging it every 3-4 days a bit tedious (1st world problem, I know) and thus was attracted by the advertised battery endurance. At the moment, it's down 31% after being charged 90 hours ago (Thursday at 4:15p) which works out to 0.344% per hour. Simply outstanding for such a thin, lightweight device.

• With the Samsung it replaced more often than not had to force it on by pressing a button (

That is interesting because my Samsung Active 2 was better at motion sensing... I find the Venu 2 to be a little slow and if I move my wrist without lifting it does not turn on. Maybe that is by design. But I have found some excellent analog faces from  (https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/developer/6436a326-9f3d-4e5d-a6c6-2ec8550bd37b/apps) that show all the data on AOD / low power so I don't really notice it anymore.

• Yes, I think I purchased all but one of his watch faces. My other favorites are Liberation and Time Flies. 

• :) yes I have them both. Also check out Summit from Marek :), (Sorry, getting off topic here)

• Yes, I thought so, that it should get longer. I contacted the Garmin support already and hope, they can help!

• Hi all - getting this back on topic, I just saw the same problem again last night. Dropped from ~65% battery to ~5% battery overnight, with everything off (watch face / pulse ox / etc.) All the same settings that I described earlier, except that it updated to 3.40 several days ago now. This is the first time the issue's recurred since the 3.40 update, so it may be rarer now, but still seems to be happening.

Again, it would be great if Garmin could chime in about whether this is a hardware or software thing, whether they expect it to be fixed in 3.40 or not, and if not what we can do to get it sorted out.