This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Google Assistant not working after latest update - follow up

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/healthandwellness/f/venu-2-plus-964331130/318314/google-assistant-not-working-after-latest-update

I believe this is a [edited] joke. I followed the thread above for like months and basically none of the users which were complaining about the assistant not working for them had one of the device listed in the "Incompatibility list". So my only guess is that you, Garmin, [edited], given that previous thread had over 30k views and decided to just close that one hoping for problem to go away, hoping that people will create many small threads for each incompatibility case. Why do you care less about people ? In my case the assistant does not work for months (even a year maybe), I sent you all kinds of logs, diagnostics and other potentially useful information and you did literally nothing, I've never heard back from you. So I hope this thread (and previous one) will serve as the BIG WARNING FLAG for other people considering buying your watches with Google Assistant. I hope it will work for other people, but in case it wouldn't just don't expect much if any support. Considering this is a watch for like over 400$ it's just a sad joke.

PS. I hope all this people which previously posted in previous thread will also post here to gain some "visibility" of this thread too.

Cheers

Moderator edited for language

• I just contacted Google Support via chat. They told me

As the device is working fine when connected to other accessories but not only with the watch.
    It seems that the issue is with the watch you are using.
    Venus · 1:01 PM
    OK thanks - what is my next step
    1:01 PM
    V
    In that case, I would request you to reach out to the watch manufacturer.
  • More from Google Support:
    May I know from where did you purchased the Garmin watch?
    Venus · 1:04 PM
    I got it on Amazon
    1:05 PM
    V
    I see.
    Please reach out to the manufacturer to get your device fixed.
    I'm positive that they will help you fixed it.
  • What do you say Garmin, should we all send our watches in?

• Never worked in my Samsung's either. S22 never worked, s24 now still doesn't work, and the damn watch won't even connect or stay connected 90% of the time. Garmin has gone majorly downhill with products and mostly customer service. 

I'll be selling mine. Which sucks because it is a good watch, when it works how it's supposed to work. Problem is it barely ever works properly. So what's the point in using it? 

• My Google Assistant started working today with the latest Google app update that I got overnight!

• Still works today. Google app is version 15.7.50.29.arm64

The phone is a Pixel Fold

• I've given up after this not working for almost a year.  After sending a few different sets of logs this is what I got back.  I may look to see what if any options I have with my credit card to a do an extended warranty return.

Our team has looked further into this issue for you and do see this issue with the feature would be on the side of google.
    We would recommend contacting google for further assistance. 
    Thank you for choosing Garmin,
  • I had the exact same thing happen to me. I contacted Google and they told me it was a Garmin problem. But then the next day I got an update to the Google app and it started working. What version of the Google app do you have?

• Thanks for letting me know.  Current version on the Google App is 15.8.40.29.arm64  Android Version - 14

• Hm. Well mine is 15.7.50.29.arm64. So that makes no sense.