This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Google Assistant not working after latest update

Hi! SInce the 11.16 update, Google Assistant doesn't seem to work anymore on the watch. It manages to initiate Google Assistant on the phone, it lights up and understands what I'm saying, but it doesn't relay it back to the watch. It stays on "Connecting to Voice Assistant" for 10 seconds, until it says in red "Could not connect to voice assistant."

I have enabled all appropriate settings and permissions, including Assistant on Lock Screen. It worked fine with 10.18 and I think 11.14 SW.

• I recently reset my phone for unrelated reasons, and upon setting up my venu 2 plus again I was actually given a notification this time that my phone (galaxy s22 base) was not compatible with assistant features. So it appears they have given up trying to make it work. If I would have known this I would have never gotten the venu 2 plus. Quite a shame I paid for something that I don't get to use. This was why I left fitbit, removal of features. I thought Garmin would have been different given all the good things I read about their customer service. 

• 16.11 just installed on my D2 X10 Air, and it's magically working again on my Samsung S10+

• Give it time.  It will stop working again ;-)

• It's a shame, because I really liked the Venu 2 Plus.  I would be buying a 3 but it too suffers from this issue.  The Google Assistant feature is a key requirement for me.  Garmin just lost a sale because there has been no response from support. 

• ..yeah if it fails like this again then i guess im done with Garmin, at least for smart watches. I notice its only kind of working as well, calendar related assist features just dont seem to be working at all. 

• ..so its half working again, however calendar related features on google aren't (ie trying to add a reminder to calendar). Great trial / beta product from Garmin. 

• Yesterday the smart watch updated to 17.04 but the issue still persists. 
    I unpaired device and paired it again more than 10 times.
    If i try to invoke the assistant from the watch and i am on the bluetooth menu on my phone it disconnects from the phone and displays
    problem connecting. Turn device back & on.
    At this point i don't know if this is garmin's fault or an android's update fault.

• ..as a last resort try signing up for the beta sw releases on your watch, its fairly straight fwd. But dont hold your breath. 

• Even the official releases are beta releases Joy

• I have the same issue on a google pixel 6a.