This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Google Assistant not working after latest update

Hi! SInce the 11.16 update, Google Assistant doesn't seem to work anymore on the watch. It manages to initiate Google Assistant on the phone, it lights up and understands what I'm saying, but it doesn't relay it back to the watch. It stays on "Connecting to Voice Assistant" for 10 seconds, until it says in red "Could not connect to voice assistant."

I have enabled all appropriate settings and permissions, including Assistant on Lock Screen. It worked fine with 10.18 and I think 11.14 SW.

• I'm having the same issue too. I bought the Venu 2 plus a week ago and chose this model specifically because it had the microphone/speaker/Google Assistant feature. As others have said, when I press the watch button, Google Assistant is opened on my phone, but after a few seconds the watch reports that it cannot connect to it.

I am running Garmin v12.13 on the watch and Android 13 on my phone...

1) YES

2) YES

3) UK

• This has been going on far too long. I have a Venu. I bought the 2 Plus for these features.  So far all I now have is 2 Venus. I've tried everything I can do to fix this. I uninstalled Connect and reset my watch back to defaults. Nothing has worked. So far a complete waste of money.

• GARMIN PLEASE AN UPDATE TO THIS SITUATION. There are so many posts here and no update for months or a recommended solution. You need to acknowledge your customers experiencing this problem and having spent significant sums for such a device.

• This is pretty ridiculous.  I literally got this watch today and am now just reading all these comments.  I was just on Garmin chat trying to get help and all the guy did was continue to send me links to the freakin' manual.  I am having the same issues and WILL be returning this piece of garbage.  FYI, a new model is coming out, which is probably why they aren't fixing this one.  I wouldn't buy another watch from them, terrible service.

• All, it looks like some of the users on this post are able to resolve this by removing and re-adding the device to the Connect app: Remove and Add a Device From the Garmin Connect App

If this does not work for you, we are still investigating this report and will update this case when we know more or have any updates to share.  Thank you in advance for your patience with us while we conduct this investigation.

• We get not everything is an easy fix, but this thread alone is 4 months old.

• Just got mine today, bixby works fine (but it's trash so I refuse to use it) google assistant same issue as everyone else. Firmware version: 12.13

• Still having this issue. Tried everything as adviced. I was in contact with the Garmin service and they told me that this problem is known and Garmin US is working on it. Whatever that means.. extremely frustrating!

• Just got a notification for an update on my venu 2 plus, Google assistant works flawlessly now! Finally!!!! 

Watch is still showing Firmware 12.13 which was what I was on previously, with it not working. Minor update to fix only assistant maybe?

• Also cannot connect to Google Assistant, tried re-registering watch in Garmin Connect, no effect whatsoever. It's really disappointing since the feature worked for me before (for sure when I was sitting on Android 12,maybe that's the problem).