This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Google Assistant not working after latest update

Hi! SInce the 11.16 update, Google Assistant doesn't seem to work anymore on the watch. It manages to initiate Google Assistant on the phone, it lights up and understands what I'm saying, but it doesn't relay it back to the watch. It stays on "Connecting to Voice Assistant" for 10 seconds, until it says in red "Could not connect to voice assistant."

I have enabled all appropriate settings and permissions, including Assistant on Lock Screen. It worked fine with 10.18 and I think 11.14 SW.

• Ah, that's too bad.  As I wrote before, I am using a Pixel Watch 2 for now and trying out Galaxy Watches.  Their battery life is no where near the Venu 2 Plus, but many more useful functions.  Still, if Garmin steps up and fixes the issue, I may return.

• Im on the pixel 6, was working fine until a few days ago. Now completely  not working. Super disappointing.

• Yeah I have done a reboot and its still working fine.  So fairly confident this older version of the google app "fixes" it.  I read a post of someone months ago with a similar issue on the Venu 2 plus that rolled back their Google app and it fixed it, that's why I gave it a shot.  

• Rewceived 8.23beta this morning and it has not fixed the voice assistant.

Venu 3 Google Pixel Fold

• is your Venu 3 still working with GA?  Thanks.

• Following up to my question from last night, I decided to try the rollback myself.  I think there were two factors in play:  1) older version of Google app and 2) by rolling back, the data and cache were cleared, causing the watch to reauthorize with the phone.   My default Google app is the beta version.  As soon as I updated to the latest Google app (beta), things became unreliable.  After a reboot, it stopped working altogether.  I decided to not roll back, but just clear the data and cache of the latest Google app instead.  No joy.  This suggest that Google changed something in their app, perhaps using a newer API or added security that was keeping the watch from working.  

• Yeah this is consistent with what i have found.  Clearing data and cache didn't help for me.   Its been working fine with the older version of google.  It did automatically update to a new version of Google app, so I had to rollback again and turn off auto updates.  It may take Garmin to put some pressure on Google to fix this. 

• Sadly seeing the same. First time Garmin owner and I bought the venu3 specifically for Assistant functionality. I'm on beta too. Hope they find a solution soon! 

• Thanks for getting back.  I'm not so sure that it's a Google problem.  Because all the WearOS watches are still working, as well as 3rd-party earbuds that can trigger GA.  So far, the Venus are the only one that I have seen that is not working, which suggests that there is something about Garmin's GA trigger implementation that is not working.  I have a feeling it has something to do with security, certificates, or key exchange.