This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Google Assistant not working after latest update

Hi! SInce the 11.16 update, Google Assistant doesn't seem to work anymore on the watch. It manages to initiate Google Assistant on the phone, it lights up and understands what I'm saying, but it doesn't relay it back to the watch. It stays on "Connecting to Voice Assistant" for 10 seconds, until it says in red "Could not connect to voice assistant."

I have enabled all appropriate settings and permissions, including Assistant on Lock Screen. It worked fine with 10.18 and I think 11.14 SW.

• I tried this. It didn't help at all. 

• Same here with the non-Pro Pixel 8.

• +1 Venu 3 and Pixel Fold. It wakes up the phone. The watch pings and plays the animation. I talk into the watch and then the VA animation ends but gives no response to the request.

• Yes I tried this on Venu 2 Plus. Reset the phone, uninstalled Garmin Connect, restarted the phone. Then reinstalled Garmin Connect and set the watch back up. It did start working briefly but then stopped again. The only thing I didn't do was reset my phone, I not willing to do that. 

• Thanks for reporting your experience.  This saves me and probably others the hassle from trying something that won't work.  I will not reset my phone either.  Realistically, I expect the Venu to work and Garmin to quickly create a solution so that GA can work again. If not, this will be my last Garmin product, after many years and generation of Garmin watches and GPS.  For now, I am using the Pixel Watch 2.  I can't get used to having to charge the watch everyday, but it does have more useful features for me.

• I had lots of issues with my Venu 2 plus so I got a refund and purchased the Venu 3. Voice assistant not connecting to my android phone. Can you please assist me. 

• I'm on version 4.72 and16.11 I removed my watch and added it back with no luck. Then a couple days ago out of nowhere it worked and was quick to connect. Tried it several times that day. Then everything went back to "normal" and it was broken again. Garmin, you said it would be fixed in the next Beta yet here we are still waiting. Where is the fix?!!

• I have two new venu3s.  One pixel 6, one pixel7.   I did a complete wipe of the p7 and v3 including wiping storage and removing and reinstalling connect.  

When I press the side button, it connects and it gives the mic/listening screen.  It ends with a thin bigger circle that smashes to a horizontal line.  No reply from the Google Assistant.

Without this feature, I'm contemplating a return to.buy vivoactive5s.  

1. It's a total joke, the support here. The lack of transparency regarding this is baffling. I spent an hour sending all possible logs to the Garmin team, but honestly it have been a month and it does not look like there is any progress regarding this. It's even more interesting that it seems to be related not only tgo Venu 2 Plus, but also new Venu 3. All I would expect here would be some care and more feedback from the team. 
  • Now we have users with the Venu 3 and it is not working. This thread alone is 10 months old. Fix this or offer refunds.