This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Google Assistant not working after latest update

Hi! SInce the 11.16 update, Google Assistant doesn't seem to work anymore on the watch. It manages to initiate Google Assistant on the phone, it lights up and understands what I'm saying, but it doesn't relay it back to the watch. It stays on "Connecting to Voice Assistant" for 10 seconds, until it says in red "Could not connect to voice assistant."

I have enabled all appropriate settings and permissions, including Assistant on Lock Screen. It worked fine with 10.18 and I think 11.14 SW.

• I just got the Pixel 8 Pro and found this post because I'm having the same issue. It doesn't make any sense to me. I've found a lot of weird buggy issues with this phone in just a week's time. Looks like a LOT of patches are in order.

• I'm sure the P8P has plenty of it's own bugs, but in this case, I would think that the issue is with Garmin.  This is because other Bluetooh headset devices are working fine with P8P Google Assistant. 

• Here we are almost a year later and no fix. It was supposed to be fixed in the next beta. Are you ever going to release it?

• I'm not going to fix it. I don't work for Garmin. At least, they don't pay me.

• It's not OnePlus...it doesn't work on my Samsung either. Google may have changed the Assistant API and Garmin is to busy to fix it. I've seen evidence their devs prioritize iOS devices; they may not even have Androids to test with. 

• I can confirm that a number of the updates have resolved the problem for many people, unfortunately there are still issues with some android phone manufacturers, such as OnePlus. If you want to support getting logs to the developers to help them fix the issues, contact the Garmin-Inder account directly by replying to a message they have posted.

• After our flying club spent over $50,000 with Garmin for panel avionics over the past few years, I've spent countless hours helping Garmin find bugs in  avionics, Garmin Pilot, flyGarmin, etc. 

I'm a professional software engineer and I'm tired of working for free for Garmin. Their QA is frankly inadequate and something needs to be done about it.

• New Venu 2 Plus user same issues as other Google Assistant not working

1) Yes ok to email me

2) Yes ok to access my account

3) UK

Does anyone know if we can return the devices to Garmin as not working as advertised, 24 thousand views been OS for ages and no progress I sold my Fenix 7X Sapphire Solar to take advantage of the smart feature especially Google Assist (controlling home etc)

Extremely disappointed all round :-(

• Where have you heard that? In the release notes of all the updates over the last 10 months there's been no mention a fix for Google Assistant, and I'm running BETA software.

I sent all my logs and information over to Garmin over a month ago, I chased it up again a couple days ago and they know nothing, all they said is it's been escalated. 

Garmin have made a lot of people very angry. These watches are not cheap and they support the watch like it's £50 Mi Fit band. 

• Actually doesn't work fine at all.  Might work once  when unlocked on the home screen, never on the lock screen, and never if phone is in another app.