This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Google Assistant not working after latest update

Hi! SInce the 11.16 update, Google Assistant doesn't seem to work anymore on the watch. It manages to initiate Google Assistant on the phone, it lights up and understands what I'm saying, but it doesn't relay it back to the watch. It stays on "Connecting to Voice Assistant" for 10 seconds, until it says in red "Could not connect to voice assistant."

I have enabled all appropriate settings and permissions, including Assistant on Lock Screen. It worked fine with 10.18 and I think 11.14 SW.

• Oneplus Nord 2T Android 13

Venu 2 Plus Software Version 15.20 Beta

In response to your bullet points...

• When trying to use the assistant it initially shows "Connecting to Voice Assistant" then after a period of time it eventually shows "Could not connect to voice assistant."
    • I've tried removing the watch from Garmin Connect and the phones Bluetooth settings and re-paired with no joy. 
    • Watch software version is 15.20 Beta
    • Yes you can email me (I'm prepared to do anything to help troubleshoot this issue.)

• Yes to the errors. Removed and re-added the watch. V15.20. Yes you can email me.

• Thanks, I've sent you both emails.

Look forward to hearing back from you guys! 

• You can email me too, also getting "Could not connect to voice assistant.". I can provide a video of this if you'd like. When screen is on and trying to connect by watch the assistant shows up on the phone, but then nothing happens. 

• You can email me too, also getting "Could not connect to voice assistant.". I can provide a video of this if you'd like. When screen is on and trying to connect by watch the assistant shows up on the phone, but then nothing happens. 

• My watch will say "Connecting to Voice Assistant" and after around 20 seconds will say "Could not connect to voice assistant." At the end of the 20 seconds there is a notification on my phone from the app saying "Set Up Voice Assistant"
    I have tried removing an readding the watch to the app
    I have 15.20.
    You can email me.

• Just to keep everyone posted. I received the email from Garmin that had a set of instructions. I've replied and submitted Bluetooth logs, Watch logs, Garmin folder from my watch, screenshots of assistant settings and software versions, videos of the assistant failing etc...

Lets see what happens.

• and I've reached out to you via email.

• Any ETA for when the beta with the fix is being released?

• Arrgghh, failing again for me, was working for a few months.

1) Invoke assistant on watch

2) Get message saying "Connecting to voice assistant"

3) Voice Assistant even starts on phone....

4) No watch input screen

5) Failed to connect messafe on watch

On 15.20, OnePlus 8t Android 13

Also having an issue with my speaker, that's sounding like its broken also (sound is tinny and not what it was like when I got the watch, no idea how to clean)

Unhappy customer in general....