This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Google Assistant not working after latest update

Hi! SInce the 11.16 update, Google Assistant doesn't seem to work anymore on the watch. It manages to initiate Google Assistant on the phone, it lights up and understands what I'm saying, but it doesn't relay it back to the watch. It stays on "Connecting to Voice Assistant" for 10 seconds, until it says in red "Could not connect to voice assistant."

I have enabled all appropriate settings and permissions, including Assistant on Lock Screen. It worked fine with 10.18 and I think 11.14 SW.

• We're now at version 14.10 beta and still no fix for Google Assistant. I feel really disappointed that it's taking this long to fix it. This is one of the features that makes this watch stand out from other Garmin watches and it's not working.

Come on Garmin.

Disappointed

• Yes

Yes

Uk 

Maybe, if a fix isn't sorted, customers should be offered a partial refund on the watch to compensate certain features not working? Or a complete refund if they wish to return their product despite age as this is clearly a selling feature of this particular product and it is being sold without rectification. That way, us customers can be happy and it would also make garmin see this as a prioritised issue or face losing customers and money!

• So many new updates, and still doesn't work. Absolutely ridiculous at this point. 

Might be class action time. We all spent extra money on a device for a feature that doesn't work at all. 

• Yeah, this is an absolutely bizarre situation. What's more frustrating is the lack of any feedback from the company. It's hard to believe that it is not possible to find the cause of the issue for, like, 6 months. 

• All,

I apologize, I do not have any additional updates at this time. However, This has been escalated and is still being investigated. I will update you all here once I know more.

We appreciate your patience while we work on this.

• same issue here with Pixel 7 on July 30th 2023.

Only difference is this works after rebooting the phone until at some point it just stops working as the watch can't contact the assistant...

Will there be any solution for this? Otherwise I am returning the Venu 2 plus.

• 1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Finland

I bought Venu 2 Plus yesterday not to have to use mobile phone so much. But no phone connection for voice assistant or calling is available. 

• Voice calls is working it's just the voice assistant that isn't. 

• I think I've found the pattern. Mine works fine until I connect my phone to the car. The thing is Garmin venu 2 plus becomes only "active" in the Bluetooth list when you long press the assistant button, however, when my car is connected, Garmin venu 2 plus is not able to become active, which results in a fail... Then once I reboot my phone it works again...