This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Google Assistant not working after latest update

Hi! SInce the 11.16 update, Google Assistant doesn't seem to work anymore on the watch. It manages to initiate Google Assistant on the phone, it lights up and understands what I'm saying, but it doesn't relay it back to the watch. It stays on "Connecting to Voice Assistant" for 10 seconds, until it says in red "Could not connect to voice assistant."

I have enabled all appropriate settings and permissions, including Assistant on Lock Screen. It worked fine with 10.18 and I think 11.14 SW.

• So my Google Assistant was working and since the software update this morning (v13.14) it stopped working. Something which fixed it for me was to remove my watch from the Bluetooth paired devices, and to pair it again. If you then click on the settings once your device is paired in the Bluetooth menu, you should have the calls button active. I could also see when the watch is connected that it says connected to phone audio below. Once I fixed this my Google Assistant started working again, previously it said No Phone connection whenever I tried to activate the assistant from my watch. Please also ensure you have provided all permissions to the Garmin Connect App and that Garmin connect has also not been automatically put to sleep or that you have not manually done that to save battery.

I hope this helps.

• works fine if my phone is locked, doesn't work at all if my phone is unlocked. 

• After the last update mine is finally working correctly for the first time! Just needed to unpair and pair with my phone after the update.

• What phone? I'll give that a try. 

still no dice, if phone is unlocked it fails to connect. 

• Still nothing after the recent updates. Also disconnected and re-connected the watch (also removed from Bluetooth devices). Still nothing. OnePlus 8 with Android 13 here. When phone is locked nothing really happens, just standard "Could not connect with Assistant" message, when phone is unlocked the assistant is actually being triggered by the watch, the assistant overlay with voice recognizing will start so I can talk, but I can talk to the phone, not to the watch. After short period also get the error from the watch. It is a total mess, one of the mostly advertised features not working at all. Interesting fact is that it indeed did work for me at some point (probably before I switched Android from 12 to 13) so it is clearly doable. Maybe people here should also share what version of Android they are using ?

• And mines not working again now. Lasted 24 hours. Nothing changed just stopped working. Pathetic Garmin!

• Managed to get mine to work irrespectively of the phone being locked or unlocked after unpairing the bluetooth device and then pairing it again. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S10 running on Android 12.

• Still nothing for me after recent update and repairing of watch.

Android 13

OnePlus Nord 2T

• Not working also on Oneplus 10T with Android 13.1
    Google assistant configured on the lock screen, Watch enabled as Smartlock device
    Upaired & re-paired the wath with the phone

Calls are working, this mean mic/speaker & bluetotth connection are well connected with the phone, but when clicking on the watch to activate assistant it starts on the phone, but the watch says no connection

• This has gone on too long now! Guys, all we can do is start leaving honest reviews in as many places as possible about the Venu 2 plus. Hopefully it will kick Garmin into action or at least warn people not to waste thie money.