When making or receiving calls on venu 2 plus, the call rerouts to iphone

When I have a call from the watch and while talking the calls ends on watch screen but the call is still actve on phone. It's like losing conectivity. Generally no bluetooth connectivity problems except while on call. I have tried everything (restarting devices, reconnection, unpairing/pairing, updating) but the issue is still there. I bought the watch 2 days ago and I' m extremely unhappy because calls are the main reason I bought it. My phone is iphone X. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member 5 months ago in reply to 8477066

Also, if you are in the return window, I would try to  return the watch for a full refund and put that money to another watch.   This issue seems to not be a priority fix for Garmin.  

• Wish that were the case.. All was well until the 17.01 update. It worked perfectly for the past year. Now it is too late to return. I am getting a refurb model, as they didn’t have the color I wanted available in a new version. That will have a 90 day warrant. We shall see. I have had Garmin watches and Edges for over 10 years with nary a problem. I waited for this watch for close to 4 years as I had the Vivoactive 3. Really unhappy that it stopped working correctly. Sad…

• Yeah it seems like Apple and Samsung definitely provide better updates and support for their watches. I don't think the newer mainstream watches like the Venu 2 plus/Venu 3 are well supported by Garmin's support and Dev teams.

I would like to know how we can generate log files for further troubleshooting. However, Garmin remains silent about this issue and I must say, this isn't a good look for them.

• I would like to know how we can generate log files for further troubleshooting.

If you open a case with Garmin Support, either by way of the Garmin Support Center or via email to [email protected] they will request app logs and/or screenshots/videos sent via their secure method. You'll need a case number and code received from Garmin Support.

Excerpt pulled from a past email from support:

• Can you send me video of the steps that you are following to be able to recreate this specific issue? You can send that to supportforms.garmin.com/.../ for me to view.
    • Can you send me a set of app logs? Send to Garmin Product Support and using the code [code removed] when prompted.

• UPDATE - received my “NEW” refurbished Garmin Venu 2 Plus watch yesterday. Got it all set up and iI am happy to report that it working perfectly. Getting all calls on the watch and the display actually even seems a bit brighter. Let’s see how it goes - setting it up was pretty easy, I even did the latest update.

My old watch was one of the initial versions as I bought it right as they just came out last year. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything continues to function. 

Suggestion, ask for a replacement - and when you call tell Garmin to look at the forum for all of the issues posted here. 

• Hello,

I have been battling with Garmin on this issue since first purchasing the Venu 2 Plus.  For the latest update on this, I now have the Venu 3 and a new iPhone 15 and the issue is still happening.  When talking with Garmin customer service, they say they are aware of the issue and are having engineers look into it.  This has been happening for over a year.. I guess the engineers are really really looking into it? I started with the Venu 2 Plus and an iPhone 8,  I have had 2 refurbished Venu 2 Plus sent to me from Garmin  and now the Venu 3 with a new iPhone... and still the same problems.  Its unfortunate Garmin would offer this product knowing it has problems. These are not cheap watches either.  I am now kicking myself for not just going the Apple Watch route. I was trying to stay away from Apple but my wife's watch works perfectly.  I guess my words of adivce would be go with Samsung or Apple when it comes to voice optioned sport/athletic/smart watches.

• Since I got  the refurb replacement everything is working well. I have an iPhone13 and no more issues. Sorry you are still struggling. 

• Hopefully it continues to work. When i first received the Venu 3 I was able to have 3 or 4 calls on the watch (for about 90 seconds) and it seemed to work great. I was so happy it was working. Then the problem started happening again. Again hopefully your device keeps working

• I am having the same issue as well. Can you contact me?

Yes,Yes, Germany