This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRV status to Venu 2 Plus

Will the newly introduced metric HRV status make it to the Venu 2 Plus in the next update?

• Your approaching to the matter doesn't seem true to me. HRV value is a very important health metric for anyone, it doesn't matter being an athlete or a sedentary, it should not be exclusive only for runners.

I've recently ordered this dedicated ECG device for one of my friend, he's an 55 years old sedentary, retired medical staff with no sport activity but he wants to track his heart condition with QTc and hrv values.

www.alibaba.com/.../Holter-Viatom-Th12-24-Hour-Heart_1600441239349.html

• Dear @Ryu,
    I fully agree and strongly support your accurate observations .
    I believe that such an essential element as the HRV should be installed in this type of watch without any restrictions ...

... even more so if the construction of the watch itself allows it .
    Just like a long, long time ago, the ABS system was released from patent protection

and today it is used in all cars as a system that can save lives .

After all, there are many articles in which it is described that, for example, the Apple Watch ...

.... saved a person's life ... regardless of how much truth there is in it .

Greetings, hoping that Garmin will introduce our expected feature !

• Please, everyone, be sure to request this feature at https://www.garmin.com/ideas.

• My approach?!? I don't run Garmin buddy. I'm a huge proponent of hrv and use and study it extensively. All I know is what I've observed from Garmin and their record of model segmentation. This, coupled with the fact that the v2p was the first Garmin to launch with elevate 4, has seen numerous models arriving way later that now support hrv and is very near to the end of its life cycle all lead me to conclude this feature is not coming to this device. The engineering team has moved on.

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it 

• Basic Fitbits show nightly HRV. It isn't a running metric only. It's basic health. It's apart of sleep. It's unbelievable that Garmin would Apple us.

• I hope not, but you are probably right. I went from Venu to Venu 2+, but at this point, I've had it with Garmin's weird, user-ignoring policies. My next move will likely be to a different brand, probably Apple, as their battery life is becoming viable for my purposes at three days. But seriously, Garmin should be worried, because even Huawei is rated higher than any Garmin in terms of sensor and algorithm accuracy, and Apple seems to be far better than Garmin (and Huawei). I also miss being able to pay with my watch, as Garmin Pay simply does not work for me, and it doesn't take AmEx anyway.

• Yes, but HRV Status is a training feature (linked to Training Status, found under Performance Stats and not under Health Stats etc.) and as you well know, the Venu 2 doesn't get anything beyond VO2max in that regard. They could, of course, code something else for the Venu 2, but--considering how little attention Health and Wellness gets--I wouldn't hold my breath. It's a shame really.

• All competitors smartwatches today have many more health statistics, a Garmin from 400 € no.

I am also an owner of a Fenix 6X, but it is impossible to go to sleep with this watch.

I am really dissatisfied

• you look at that chart and you have to wonder why anyone would buy a venu series at all, especially when you factor that this is NOT their entry level line. it's actually quite premium...