This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRV status to Venu 2 Plus

Will the newly introduced metric HRV status make it to the Venu 2 Plus in the next update?

• I think - therefore - that Garmin, that's what it's all about, to buy more expensive watches ...

.... on which it has - of course - more profits ... and cheap watches and software support for them ...

... it doesn't give a sh..t .  Disappointed

• I have a Venu 2 + & agree HRV status should be added. I also have a Gen 2 Marq Athlete but it’s so big & heavy to sleep with. Really wish Garmin would add it or release a “band” or any product that is comfortable for sleep.

• i can pretty much guarantee you that the venu series will never see hrv status or morning report. hardware is 100% capable, but if it's one thing i've learned over the years with garmin it's that they take software feature differentiation between models VERY seriously. it's why devices like venu are artificially blocked from reading sensor data such as cycling power. it's why the original venu couldn't broadcast heart rate. hardware is there, but garmin deems it not appropriate for the series, you must step up for that feature. 

it's really a shame as i do step up and have several of their $$$ models, but the venu 2 plus is special in that it's their only model with speaker/mic that allows phone conversations. i wish they'd make an exception here due to the nature of the product and the benefit of auto hrv tracking, but they won't.

• Isnt the venu 2 more money than the FR255? the 255 can do HRV status

• it  doesn't matter. 255 is a dedicated running watch and therefore NEEDS hrv. venu is a lifestyle/general fitness watch and needs new emojis, apparently

• My wife's Venu 2 Plus with leather band costs the same as my 955 with the HRV functionality.

• it  doesn't matter. 955 is a dedicated running watch and therefore NEEDS hrv. venu is a lifestyle/general fitness watch and needs new emojis, apparently

• Yeah, but HRV is becoming a much more accepted general health metric.  It has always been a good indicator of performance & training potential, but it would be a good marketing opportunity for Garmin to capitalize on.  They have, by far, the best HRV metric (sleep averaging) that I am aware of.  Chinese medicine has focused on listening to the heart rhythm for centuries.  Garmin would be wise to promote this capability across all wearables if possible.
  • i agree completely but as i said, i don't think garmin will do it. huge mistake

• From marketing point of view, it would be nice if the Garmin Venu 2 / Venu 2 plus could to EPIX Gen gen 2 what is the F255 to the F955. I mean no cartography but HRV, eventually following a GPX track.