This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When answering phone call on phone, the call is rerouted to Venu 2 Plus

When people call me and I respond to the call on my iPhone (not on the watch), the call starts but my iPhone keeps vibrating and I cannot hear anyone and they cannot hear me. Restarting the watch and iPhone works but it's indeed highly unpractical. Turning off Bluetooth on the iPhone also solves the issue, but again not why I bought the watch... I am on iPhone 12 (iOS 15.4.1), Venu 2 Plus FW 8.12 (it tells me it's up to date)

Top Replies

All Replies

• Hello .  When you answer the call on your iPhone, does the Venu 2 Plus then "take over" the call as the audio source?  Or, when you check the audio source (iPhone, speaker, Venu 2 Plus), is the iPhone still shown as the active audio source?

Could you test this and start a screen recording just before you have someone call you for this test?  We'd like to see what is listed as the audio source after you answer the call on the iPhone.

Record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

• Hi. I am having the same exact issue. The problem is that I want to respond from my iPhone and the iPhone is selected but there is no sound coming out of either the Garmin watch or the iPhone. It is really inconvenient. I really hope you could help us resolve it. I am unable to answer a lot of calls because of this. 

• To add to this. when I answer call on my iPhone the Garmin Venu 2 Plus tries to take the call through its microphone. the Garmin momentarily reroutes the call to the Venu 2 plus which disrupts me hearing the person through my iPhone speaker. Its annoying. The only way I've solved this is to connect wired headphones to my iPhone. It only happens when the Venu 2 Plus is connected, Doesn't happen when I have an Epix 2, Fenix 7 or any other watch connected to my iPhone 

• All-

Thank you for your participation in this forum thread.  So that I may assist you further, please reply with the following:

1. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?
    2. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?
    3. In what country do you live?
  • 1- Yes

2- Yes

3- Qatar

• Hi. I have the same issue. It happens with EVERY call.

Yes

Yes

New Zealand

• Hi again.

Is there a fix for this? I can't have the watch connected to my phone at all because when I receive a phone call, the person calling is unable to hear me. It renders so many features useless. I am about to return the watch.

• Hi,

Are there any new's regarding this question?

The problem exists even afetr upgrad to the newest firmware version.

I have to keep the watch disconected fom the iPhone, otherwise i can't the call on the phone. 

I think Venu 2 Plus is suposed to be a SmartWatch! 

I can't use the smart functions if i have to alwais switch the call from the watch to the phone.

Can someone at Garmin, take a look at this question?

• Hi,
    The issue is now gone with the Venu 2 Plus FW 10.18 and my iPhone 12 with iOS 15.6.1... I would have expected a quicker solution however it has been fixed and I am happy!