This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Audio and Mic stopped working after firmware update

Got my Venu 2 Plus yesterday, worked great all evening, at the end of the night I upgraded the firmware to 7.37 and now the audio and mic don't work.  

Using it to communicate with Google Assistant and it doesn't hear anything. I tried calling someone and she couldn't hear me at all through my watch. No sounds play from the watch, none of the audio works (when I try to play music it tries to play and then stops, unless I connect bluetooth headphones, alarms only vibrate, I turned on button sounds and hear nothing)

So how do I roll it back?  Is there any way? I don't even know what version the watch came with, but if I could find a way to roll it back that would be great. 

I've reset the watch multiple times and reinstalled connect with no success.  

Thanks for any help. 

• are you certain they're not working or could it just be at a very low volume? after the update for me the siri voice assistant was at a ridiculously low volume. thanks to someone here, the workaround is to tell it a bunch of times to speak louder until it gets back up to max volume. once i did that i was able to hear it again and the speaker and mic volumes were fine

• I have the volume turned all the way up, I can't tell it to speak louder because it doesn't hear me at all.  

• The same happened to me.

• All-

Thank you for your participation in this forum thread.  So that I may assist you further, please reply with the following:

1. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?
    2. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?
    3. In what country do you live?
  • I actually found the solution for this problem, but it is a little bit tricky.

1. Activate the Voice Assistant on Venu 2 Plus.
    2. Ask for something; for example: What will the weather be like today?
    3. Important: While the Venu 2 Plus is reading up "whatever" is said, you should be quick to turn up the volume on your iPhone. This turns up the default volum on Siri.

• So, if the mic isn't working, i can't ask siri or google assistant to do anything.  I just want to emphasize, the mic doesn't work.  The speaker doesn't work either, even with the volume turned all the way up.  

• Ended up doing a warranty replacement, new watch works fine even after the firmware update.