This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lily - Public Beta 4.91 Now Available

Lily Download

Notes:

• Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Change History

Changes made from version 4.60 to 4.91:

• Improve system reliability to wake up the device without trouble.

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Lily to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Make sure the Garmin Express is running and your Lily is registered on Garmin Express so that it can detect your device and enable the storage drive on you PC.
  3. Download and unzip Lily_beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  4. Safely eject the storage drive from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  5. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-460.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE-460.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before eject the device storage drive. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • I installed the update earlier this week. The watch does now wake up with a double tap without the charger, but it's not necessarily fully functional.  It still fails in the sun and stops tracking. This morning it failed outside. I double tapped and thought it was working. I tried a walking activity. At the end of the walk I got a triangle and I think the watch restarted. However, the gesture was not working, only double tap.  After looking at Garmin Connect, I found that HR had not been tracking for the last 3 hours since the earlier morning failure.

• Since installing the beta, the gesture feature is working better. However, the tracking isn't reliable. I went for a walk and the tracking seem to be stopping because Lily kept losing phone connection (even though my phone was on me).