This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lily - distance tracking

My Lily doesn't track the distance. GPS on the phone (Samsung Galaxy S9) is on. There was no such problem before, but now this is the 3rd time for the last 2 days.

Thank you for any advice.

• Same here, yesterday I walked for an hour and showed 0km 

• Same here. Wrong distance calculation and battery loss (30% in 40min) while tracking an activity.

The difference between the last week bought garmin lily und my fenix 6 is ~15 percent.

The Garmin Lily is synced with a Google Pixel 2.

You can view the issue here. The Track ist correct. The calculation is wrong.

https://imghoster.de/image/BcB8 (lily)
    https://imghoster.de/image/BnOs (fenix 6)

• I don't have my phone on me all the time so I depend on the accelerometer which is very good for walks. 

I don't need it to be accurate, or show me a map since my boyfriend usually has his offline gps watch for that.

I tried the accelerometer biking, it worked the first few times but the last few times it didn't track my distance at all.

@Garmin-Isabella    Will there be a bugfix update coming out? when can we expect the update? roadmap?

Also, the watch turns off mid bike ride, during a "biking activity" the only way to turn it back on is to plug it into the charger. This has happened multiple times. First time my watch was at 26% and the second time the watch was at 74%. Can I send logs to someone at Garmin? Something is off about this watch.

• I have this same problem too. It occurs with walking, running and biking at least and also with or without GPS. Distances are usually around third or half of real distance covered, but sometimes even less. GPS-routes are drawn correct.

I’d like to know if this is common problem (occur in all Lilys) or should I get my device changed for new one? Or would it be better to wait a fix?

• Yes. I only use it for walking an running. The difference when walking is not as big (usually a couple of 100 meters off), but the difference when running is 1,5 to 2 km on a 5 to 6 km distance.

Okay, I have sent you an email!

• Same here, yesterday I walked for an hour and showed 0km

Hello! I have sent you an email to grab some more information for our case on this!

• Same here. Wrong distance calculation and battery loss (30% in 40min) while tracking an activity.

The difference between the last week bought garmin lily und my fenix 6 is ~15 percent.

The Garmin Lily is synced with a Google Pixel 2.

You can view the issue here. The Track ist correct. The calculation is wrong.

Hello! I have sent you an email!

• I don't have my phone on me all the time so I depend on the accelerometer which is very good for walks. 

I don't need it to be accurate, or show me a map since my boyfriend usually has his offline gps watch for that.

I tried the accelerometer biking, it worked the first few times but the last few times it didn't track my distance at all.

@Garmin-Isabella    Will there be a bugfix update coming out? when can we expect the update? roadmap?

Also, the watch turns off mid bike ride, during a "biking activity" the only way to turn it back on is to plug it into the charger. This has happened multiple times. First time my watch was at 26% and the second time the watch was at 74%. Can I send logs to someone at Garmin? Something is off about this watch.

Hello! In order to get an accurate distance for biking, connected GPS will need to be turned on. In regards to the distance showing inaccurate for connected GPS activities, this is something that is currently being worked on. I have sent you an email in regards to the watch display no longer working during a bike ride.

• I have this same problem too. It occurs with walking, running and biking at least and also with or without GPS. Distances are usually around third or half of real distance covered, but sometimes even less. GPS-routes are drawn correct.

I’d like to know if this is common problem (occur in all Lilys) or should I get my device changed for new one? Or would it be better to wait a fix?

Hello! We do have a case on this that is currently being worked on. I have sent you an email to collect some information to add impact to this case!

• I also have this issue with walking and biking, 5 km and it says 3.5 km

And the battery is used so fast. Like its out after 3 days