This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Having to charge at least every couple of days...

I have minimal notifications turned on, gesture swipe off, do not use pulse ox yet having to charge at least every other day...bit annoying i cant use the features of the watch as the battery drains too quickly Pensive only 3 weeks old...any suggestions

Top Replies

All Replies

• Hello! Have you had to charge it every other day since you have received the device? Here is an article on the Lily battery life expectations. Does your watch fall into these usage assumptions?

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=UanREwP7Pm0pARzUNAlb78

• Hi Isabella,

My wife's Lily has also to be charged every other day. I assume that it is because of the Oximeter, which is an important feature for her. Do you have an estimation of the relative impact of the Oximeter in the battery draining?
    Thanks. 

• Would say mostly within those ranges give or take..first charge was a day which i understand...set up etc...the best ive had is 4 days the first week then a couple of 3 days and more recently this week every other day. Charged yesterday eve and down to 49% already today

• Hi Isabella,

My wife's Lily has also to be charged every other day. I assume that it is because of the Oximeter, which is an important feature for her. Do you have an estimation of the relative impact of the Oximeter in the battery draining?
    Thanks. 

Hello! If the watch is using the pulse ox feature every night it will more than like drain the battery to 1-2 days. 

• Would say mostly within those ranges give or take..first charge was a day which i understand...set up etc...the best ive had is 4 days the first week then a couple of 3 days and more recently this week every other day. Charged yesterday eve and down to 49% already today

Okay, have you recorded any activity during this time?

• Yes...as I do every day....usually 2 walks approx 2 hours a day over the walks

• Yes...as I do every day....usually 2 walks approx 2 hours a day over the walks

Do you use connected GPS for these walks? Also, are you in the US or Canada?

• Mine drains like crazy too! I did a 30 minute activity walk and it lost 24% and died before I finished. Yesterday it went down 40% in about 4-5 hours, and that was just regular wear. No activities or anything. 
    There HAS to be a glitch, because it’s ridiculous and I’m inside the battery life expectancies. I expect it to last at least 3 days, so I hope they fix it soon because I’m going crazy having to charge it so much! 

Edit: I had my watch on charged, I checked it and it was at 86%, so I put it back on charged then it buzzed at me saying it was 100%.... what?

• Of course I connect to the GPS on my phone for these walks...that's the point isn't it? although have noticed that can vary wildly as well. Im in the UK.  I charged to 100% late yesterday afternoon and it is already down to 78% just over 12 hours later when Ive been asleep for a large amount of that time with no notifications (its on do not siturb overnight), no pulse ox, no activities

• Hi Isabella,

Just a quick update - now midday less than 48 hours since my last charge to 100% and battery is currently at 13%. Yesterday was a 4 hour walk tracked using my phones GPS, today a 2 hour walk. Overnight no extras used (I dont have SpO2 on) and all notifications stopped on Do not disturb. Would not say any mass of notifications to drain the battery and havent used it for controlling music etc  . I do not have gesture swipe turned on so face only shows when I double tap to ask it to and brightness is auto. I am so disappointed in the lack of battery life...and that it seems to be getting worse Disappointed

To be honest I'm trying to use as little as possible on it to preserve the battery life which is pretty pants for a brand new watch and not really the point of having it :(