This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Having to charge at least every couple of days...

I have minimal notifications turned on, gesture swipe off, do not use pulse ox yet having to charge at least every other day...bit annoying i cant use the features of the watch as the battery drains too quickly Pensive only 3 weeks old...any suggestions

Top Replies

All Replies

• Hi Isabella,

Just a quick update - now midday less than 48 hours since my last charge to 100% and battery is currently at 13%. Yesterday was a 4 hour walk tracked using my phones GPS, today a 2 hour walk. Overnight no extras used (I dont have SpO2 on) and all notifications stopped on Do not disturb. Would not say any mass of notifications to drain the battery and havent used it for controlling music etc  . I do not have gesture swipe turned on so face only shows when I double tap to ask it to and brightness is auto. I am so disappointed in the lack of battery life...and that it seems to be getting worse

So sorry to hear this! Please reach out to our Garmin UK team to get this resolved. If you click on this link, down at the bottom there are options for Chat, Phone, and Email. 

https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/

• Mine drains like crazy too! I did a 30 minute activity walk and it lost 24% and died before I finished. Yesterday it went down 40% in about 4-5 hours, and that was just regular wear. No activities or anything. 
    There HAS to be a glitch, because it’s ridiculous and I’m inside the battery life expectancies. I expect it to last at least 3 days, so I hope they fix it soon because I’m going crazy having to charge it so much! 

Edit: I had my watch on charged, I checked it and it was at 86%, so I put it back on charged then it buzzed at me saying it was 100%.... what?

Hello! Few questions for you: Has it been this way since you purchased the device? Do you have the pulse ox sensor on? What is your backlight gesture setting set to? Lastly, are you in the US or Canada?

• Yeah I’ve only had the device about a week, the amount of glitches is insane. I came to Garmin because I got tired of the Fitbit glitches. 
    I have all the default settings on. Pulse ox is on, backlight is auto, timeout is short and gesture always on and on low. And I won’t be changing any of these setting for battery life because it’s advertised 5 days, so I expect a minimum of 3 days. 
    Like another user here, I’m now actively trying to avoid using my watch to save battery. Ridiculous. 

I’m in NZ. I’ve already contacted the team here, they were lovely but didn’t know what to do, other than forward the glitches to your team. Could you please just advise your team is working on a fix and a patch will be released soon? 

• Hi, Thanks for replying. The store I bought the watch from has agreed to take it back under warranty for a refund...Like another poster here I came to Garmin from FitBit due to glitches and I am sorry to say this experience has now put me completely off Garmin as well. Researching other options to go forward with, Thanks for your time

• Yeah I’ve only had the device about a week, the amount of glitches is insane. I came to Garmin because I got tired of the Fitbit glitches. 
    I have all the default settings on. Pulse ox is on, backlight is auto, timeout is short and gesture always on and on low. And I won’t be changing any of these setting for battery life because it’s advertised 5 days, so I expect a minimum of 3 days. 
    Like another user here, I’m now actively trying to avoid using my watch to save battery. Ridiculous. 

I’m in NZ. I’ve already contacted the team here, they were lovely but didn’t know what to do, other than forward the glitches to your team. Could you please just advise your team is working on a fix and a patch will be released soon? 

How long is your battery currently lasting? If the overnight pulse ox mode is on, it can cause a battery drain in the device to around 2ish days. Here is an article that talks about the Lily battery life expectations. The up to 5 days is excluding the pulse ox feature as advertised on our website in the "Specs" section.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=UanREwP7Pm0pARzUNAlb78