WiFi Password Not Being Accepted During Set-Up

My Garmin Index Scale will not connect to my home Wifi network.

During set-up the Garmin connect app prompts me to enter the WPA2 password, which I am definitely entering correctly. It then says the the password is incorrect!?!?

I am using the Virgin Media Hub 3.0.

Can anyone help me please!?

Thanks so much.
  • Sorry, cannot help. I can only sympathise as I am struggling with what must be the most frustrating product in the World, coupled with Garmin's appalling customer service which keeps telling me to perform a factory reset to solve all my problems.
  • Hi guys,
    could you finally aonnect your index scale to wifi?

• No. Only via iPhone hotspot. Worst product I’ve ever purchased.

having had this experience, thinking Garmin was the gold standard, I’ve since discovered Garmin is fond of releasing products into the market unfinished.
  • ***, I bought the index last week and I have the same issue. It is imposible to connect to the wifi. I am thinking to buy another one from amazon, but I dont want to use other app :S ... Is there any solution? 

• I have the same problem. I changed my internet provider recently and my Garmin set-up no longer functions. On the days my device is recognised in my Garmin Connect App I am prompted to enter my Wifi password, which I too am definitely inputting correctly and then I am informed the password is incorrect. It is infuriating. I spoke with Garmin support and they are stumped and say it must be down to the wifi company since my pairing works in another flat with a different ISP set-up. I called the my ISP company and they tried to help but to no avail and they say they cannot help further as the problem is with a third party device. I feel like throwing the scales out of the window tbh. 

Garmin have sent me an ANT stick, which I just tried and my device did pair with my computer, but there is an 'x' next to the wifi icon and when I weigh myself I just get the weight metric only and not and body composition metrics. I then deleted my devices and tried to start again afresh and now neither Garmin Connect App or Garmin express can find my scales. I love Garmin products but I have to sadly conclude they are not functional with OS and certain ISP companies. I feel really upset about it. I had my eye on there next Vivoactive watch but would be just stupid if I were to buy it.

• I had the same problem, definitely entering the correct password but Garmin said no. Eventually rebooted my phone as a last resort and strangely it worked! Might be worth a try for anyone who hasn't tried rebooting their phone yet. 

• I had the same problem, definitely entering the correct password but Garmin said no. Eventually rebooted my phone as a last resort and strangely it worked! Might be worth a try for anyone who hasn't tried rebooting their phone yet. 

• I had the same problem (Error 0105,0200 etc). I removed the wifi password, made it an open network. Ensure your router or hotspot is in 802.11g (2.4 Ghz). And it connected successfully

• I realized that my router is not working on the 2.4 ghz spectrum, I believe that may be part of the problem since the Index Scale only uses the 2.4 ghz spectrum, I am replacing my router and will update.