This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Body Fat % on Index S2 Smart Scale Seems Inaccurate

My new scale seems to give me a wildly different reading than my old one. I was previously using a Weight Guru's scale which gave me a body fat percentage between 18 and 19 percent which seems reasonable given my overall weight and fitness level. The new Garmin scale shows me over 26% body fat. Both scales show identical weight so what gives with the wild body fat numbers? 

• I'm a Garmin user for a decade. Have Edge 830, Fenix6 and S2 at the moment.
    All products have issues. 

while on other social media it is relative quiet

When I share links on problem topics in comments they are deleted. On this forum my massages were also deleted

• Got a general reply from DCRainmaker. He hasn't specified this issue in his S2 review in a meaningful way. All other well-known scales display similar numbers but S2 is completely off. The scale or firmware is broken but it's easier for Garmin to ignore this issue.

• No clear opinion on the issues of S2 from DC Rainmaker, its understandable to take a low profile approach

•       This man is a publicist. Few times spoke about the issues in products. Then you buy it and you think,. "What a review from this publicist, they did not see what all of us are seing after". You can read DCRainmaker to see the photos and read the coments below. Only for this

• All-

We continue to work on a fix for the issue with the inaccuracy of the body fat measurement that you all have reported.  I'm sorry that this is dragging on, but I can assure you that it is being worked on.  Once I have any new information, I will be sure to share any information that I can to this thread.  Thank you all for your continued patience with us while we work to resolve this issue.

• yeah, Ray essentially ignored the body composition aspects since he views such things as "not dependable" however in doing so he missed that garmin have managed to take "not dependable" and make complete garbage.

although its not an exact science, every other body composition scale on the market seems to do a reasonable job. many of us having issues are somewhat outliers - especially lean or not, but have experience with other scales giving good results.

as best i can tell, the S2 is not a random number generator, it is a statistical average generator - tell it your gender, age, height and weight and it will use statistics to guess your body composition. in doing so meeting garmin's claim to be accurate on average, without necessarily being correct for anyone.

• Please add me to the open case , thanks

• Please add me to this open case as well 

• Please add me to the list . Thanks

• Hi Kevin
    Would like to hear about that too. very unfortunate situation... bought the new 'cause I wanted to measure my body fat on a weekly basis and now its wrong...