This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How can I track kids' weight on Index S2 Smart Scale

As far as I know the only way you can track users' weight is to add them as a connection in Garmin Connect. It would be nice to be able to add people without accounts, underage kids are not allowed to have accounts, and not everyone that want to see their weight stats want and need to have an account.

E.g. I would like to be able to track my kids' and parents' weight, none of them have Garmin Connect account, and they do not need one. It would be nice if I can add people from my account or somewhere in the smart scale memory and be able to access their data from the app without having to login/logout different users. Xiaomi Smart Scale can do this through Mi Fit app, I don't see a reason why this can not be implemented in Garmin Connect.

Also it's not ideal that you can't see all body composition metrics without an account, even smart scales 4-5 times less expensive can display those with minimal input (age, height, gender).

• So you're telling me that there's no problem to track child's activity via vivofit jr. activity tracker and app but there's no way to track their weight with the scale. I hope that you see how illogical that sounds.

• there's no way to track their weight with the scale

It's pretty easy to get around this limitation. Garmin has done their part by requesting age confirmation when signing up for Garmin Connect. Legally, Garmin is covered. There is almost zero chance that they will change the policy. The vivofit jr. and currently Bounce devices are specifically designed with child safety and online security in mind, using the Family Member system in the vivofit Jr. app. Perhaps in future updates, Garmin will implement something similar for the Index scales.

• That's not really an acceptable solution though. Break terms of service to enable all the features of our $150 product for your whole family is certainly possible, but it's a very bad position for a company to have toward its customers.

• I don't disagree. You have some other options, rather than replying to a Garmin employee that hasn't been on here for 3 years. Grin

1. Contact Garmin Support. They will likely cite the policy and/or direct you to bullet point #2.
    2. Submit a request using the Share Ideas site
    3. Change brands to a company that offers what you want.
  • Agreed. Hopefully people can move away from Garmin if Garmin isn't prioritizing what they want.

• Sorry but this totally misses the point of the "smart" scale. First of all you need to create an email for the kid, then you have to create a Garmin Connect account for that email (and lying about the kid's age), then in order to keep track you need to have the app installed on a phone (or log in each time from a pc or other device). Now imagine that most kids under 13 years don't have emails or dedicated phones/pc-s. I believe that you'll agree that this seems like a lot of work and hoops to jump through as opposed to just be able to add additional personas under your own profile where you can track other family members' (not just kids) weight (and other stats). This is how almost every other company with much more limited development resources proceeds, and not to mention that this is the way that Garmin proceeds with kids' accounts for vivofit jr. - you log in with the parent account and then add the kids under it.

• What a scam :( i only searched this after i received it and wanted to create my kids profile. Is gonna be a refund.

My old yunmai scale of 50$ is able to do this. I m gonna keep it :))