Got a X after reading from second user. Wifi sync does not work

I just received my BPM in Germany. Installation, wifi connection and connection to my Connect account worked fine.

Reading sync with account just fine.

Invited second user and accepted user invite in her account in the app

Reading - with bpm set to her Nick worked fine, but ended with X.

Software is 1.06

Bluetooth connection to second device/account failed but that’s a feature to my understanding?

Is software 1.07 available in Germany?

Do I really need to reset the device for update?

• I had the same issue.  Working with Garmin I did have to reset the device to get the update.  It didn’t take too long to get the second user added back.  However, that didn’t  resolve getting a he “x” for the second user.  I opened a ticket with Garmin and it didn’t seem to go anywhere.  Apparently they are not aware of this issue even though I have seen multiple complaints online.  So, returning he device today for a refund.  Good luck. 

• Same problem here, from the Netherlands.

I did the factory reset, but it is still version 1.06, I tried 4 times and no luck so far.

Reading the forum this problem is known for months now. So I have the feeling no quick solution will be made. Thinking of returning and buying a cheaper model, if it doesn’t sync for my partner might as well both manually log the numbers.

• I contacted Garmin Germany today, they recommended the standard procedure of de-coupling and reset with the goal to get the device to update to V 1.07. This did not work our. I got through all the steps, saw the "gear wheel" at the end of the reset - but still V 1.06 and still the issue with the "X" displayed instead of the synch of my spouse's readings.

I sent Feedback to Garmin Service and wait for solution. Otherwise I will return the faulty device.

• what SW Version does your device show now?

• Same problem here, also from the Netherlands, wifi pairing failed.

SW 1.06, second user ended also with "X" as for no-sync. 8 times tried!?

• After working with Garmin and the reset procedure they confirmed I was on 1.07. I finally sent the device back.  After more than a week with no updates from their engineering , today I got an email wanting me to reset, delete, and re-invite the second user.  As I replied to them, I have already done this several times.  As a side note, I also have the S2 scale and have had no issues with syncing both users.  So, it is not related to my home network.

• I got the advise from Garmin Germany that the update to 1.07. could take up to 24 h.

The 24 hours are clearly exceeded, the error is still present and the SW is still 1.06..

However, I have made another observation:

If Blutooth is switched off on my iPhone
    my expectation (and the manuals wording) would be that the device synchronizes via WLAN.

This is reproducibly not the case (tried it several times, WIFi symbol is displayed longer, forced synch ends with "X", synch after measurement the same)
    This may also be the reason why my spouse's account is not synchronized.
    The device tries to synchronize her measurement via WiFi and it does not succeed.

Any other ideas?

• Thanks for this update. I tried the same, switching off BT on my Android phone and also got the X. So no sync through Wlan it seems. Contacted Garmin again with this info, They keep sending me links to pages I already tried.

Also this: they say version 1.07 is not for the device itself but for  the "Wireless Communication hub". Well communication is the problem alright.

• Also the Same here in Germany. The Device will not Update to 1.07. i tryed many Things together with the Support. Last Answer is to wait a week. Maybe the Device will Update in this time

• I can reproduce that there is no sync without Wfi. I switch off Bluetooth - no syn. Switch on again - synch.
    The App says under Info ("?") next to index BPM at the devices menu that Wifi setup was succesful.

I am not surprised the device does not update from 1.06. to 1.07  as the web app shows this: Ist says 1.06  ist the proper to date version