This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When will BPM be included inside the smart watches?

At what point will the blood pressure monitoring be applied inside of the Garmin smart watches?

• There is already for years  a feature request to create a weight / bpm glance for Garmin smartwatches but until now there is no response from the product owner or Garmin.

To be honest I don't think Garmin will ever create a glance for this...  Disappointed

• I’m actually not talking about a Glance, I am talking about building a BPM into the watch itself instead of needing to purchase the index BPM separately.

other companies are certainly going to rope this technology into their smart watches within the next couple of years - Garmin will need to as well

• There is only one Omron watch with an inflatable cuff. Every other way to measure BP is just throwing some dices to get some numbers. As long as Garmin builds sport watches, I don’t see them built one with such a cuff as a wristband. 
    The idea behind the BPM is the best way, but it seems to be prone to user errors wich lead to high inaccuracy for some. 
    The wrist cuff devices are the cause of a lot of false alarms for rescue services here in Germany where a lot of people use those and don’t do it right. 

Gold standard of non invasive blood pressure is still the good old stethoscope with an oldschool cuff. I assume you are fit (enough) because obviously you use sport tracking devices. Why not go this route and log it into Garmin Connect?

• For sure, there is definitely nothing on the market today that is worth using, but there will certainly be in the near future! 

I would definitely pay a premium to get blood pressure monitored in my sports watch. Beats per Minute only tells half the story

• Im always open for some good rumors. And im really curious? Wich technology are you referring to? It sounds like you are pretty shure. I know there are some ideas to guesstimate BP through the optical HR sensor based on the length of the wave.