This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BPM readings -> followmyhealth

I have a "followmyhealth" app which is a supported "data sharing" app in android garmin connect.

I am able to share of garmin step and weight data with FollowMyHealth.

My Index BPM readings are not showing up in FollowMyHealth.

Why are the BPM readings from Index BPM not showing up in the followmyhealth app? 

just for reference, in the followmyhealth app it says this about Garmin devices:

Supported products and services:

• Activity and fitness trackers (Steps)
  • Blood pressure monitors and wireless cuffs (Blood Pressure)
  • Wireless scales (Weight)

So FollowMyHealth says garmin Blood Pressure readings are supported...But readings from my Index BPM are not showing up in the FollowMyHealth app.

I see the BPM readings in the android Garmin Connect app, and on the Connect website as well.

I looked in many settings - in the connect android app, and on the website...and could not find any privacy setting or similar that might be the problem.

The only setting that seems relevant is in the android connect app:

settings->connected apps->FollowMyHealth->Daily Health Stats ... and I have that enabled.

Top Replies

All Replies

• FollowMyHealth says garmin Blood Pressure readings are supported

Do they specifically say that about the Index BPM? I'm experiencing this as well. I'm just wondering if this was ever supported. The only thing I see Garmin related in the FollowMyHealth app is my steps. Meanwhile, I've sent an email to [email protected] to get assistance with this.

• I've sent an email to [email protected] to get assistance with this.

I did the same and received this response on May 18:

So that I can best assist you, what medical organization (e.g., what clinic or hospital) are you connecting to through FollowMyHealth? Also, so I can make sure I am looking at the correct information, will you please confirm your full first and last name and date of birth?

I replied back asking why they needed my date of birth. Have not heard back since. I'm guessing they only support you if you can confirm your account is registered through a healthcare organization.

• its really a bummer because there are other Brand's BPM's that are supported by FollowMyHealth.  I am starting to regret buying the Garmin one.  This shouldn't be something the consumers have to solve.

• I got a response from support at followmyhealth. 

I request you to disconnect your Garmin connection from FollowMyHealth and then re-establish the connection also help me with the details of the device you are using.

The disconnect/re-establish didn't change anything. Still only getting steps and weight (I also have an Index S2 scale). There's only 1 BPM made by Garmin, so a bit surprised FollowMyHealth wanted details on it.

have you contacted FollowMyHealth support as well?

there are other Brand's BPM's that are supported by FollowMyHealth

Yes according to their web site. But they also claim on their website that Garmin's BPM will work.

• have you contacted FollowMyHealth support as well?

Yes, I did contact FollowMyHeath, but did not receive a response.  It seems you are having more success on that front.

Yes according to their web site. But they also claim on their website that Garmin's BPM will work

true, but one can dream that at least one of these BPM's work on the site. 

...and like you say "there's only 1 BPM made by garmin". I think the connect app allows manual blood pressure entry.   But my impression after reading up on that feature is that manual blood pressure was an added feature after Index BPM was a product.  People complained because it seemed Garmin was forcing users to use their product for BPM readings.

Its pretty puzzling that weight and steps transfer from Garmin Connect, but not blood pressure.  At the end of the day I would think data is data.  So why shouldn't blood pressure transfer over - regardless if it was manually entered or from the Index BPM.

• At the end of the day I would think data is data.  So why shouldn't blood pressure transfer over - regardless if it was manually entered or from the Index BPM.

In neither case is it transferring over. I have the Index BPM, it's not syncing to FollowMyHealth. At any rate, the ball is in their (FollowMyHealth) court. Waiting on their next response.

• Waiting on their next response.

So they responded with the same questions like it was the first email exchange.

So that I can best assist you, what medical organization (e.g., what clinic or hospital) are you connecting to through FollowMyHealth? Also, so I can make sure I am looking at the correct information, will you please confirm your full first and last name and date of birth?

The only vital sign it's pulling is from my Index S2 scale. Support seems unable to understand the concept of the Index BPM or this is some bot I'm dealing with. At this point, I'm no longer interested in pursuing this and will likely just delete my FollowMyHealth account.

• Interesting. I also have the FollowMyHealth app through my healthcare provider. I don't know if you know this, but the readings that do get transferred are only visible to you! Your doctor cannot see these which for me was the entire point! If I'm going to have to pull up the FollowMyHealth app to show my doctor I can just as easily pull up the Garmin Connect app and show him there.

Moreover, I still would prefer to have a Index BPM but I'm concerned about its accuracy. Apparently, there are lots of reports of high readings, in some cases, very high. Now I'm using an Omron and if I want my BP data in Connect, I have to manually enter it.