This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Heartbeats under 40

I'm very pleased with my Index BPM, however I would like it would show heartbeats under 40.

I have a low rest-heartbeat, before I used the Index BPM I used a Omron-Evolv and this thing did not measure when my heartbeat was under 40. Luckily the Index BPM does but even when my beats are under 40 it still says 40.......fortunately with a reading though. Will this be changed in the future or is this too difficult?

• Some related discussion here:First impressions - Index BPM - Health & Wellness - Garmin Forums

I routinely get a white X instead of the green check mark at the end of a 3X reading and my heart rate shows as "40". I'll immediately check that number either by using a pulse/ox monitor or a manual reading and my heart rate will show in the 33-39 range consistently. This is the third blood pressure monitor that I've tried and all of them don't seem to be able to record a heart rate lower than 40. 
  • AH-HA there are more persons who have the same experience, but as I said, I do get a reading and no error so I'm pleased and hoping GARMIN will address the issue in the future.

• Interesting! I have the OMRON Evolve as well. I’m ticked off that I frequently can’t measure my BP of my heart rate is below 40. So this device works even with a pulse lower than 40?

• The Omron Evolv gave me a lot of E5 errors, the Garmin never gave me an error. However my heartbeat maybe under 40 it never shows but it always gives me a reading what my BP is. So yes it measures under heartbeat of 40. As I said I hope Garmin will fix the heartbeat rate measurement in the future. For now I can read the heartbeat on my wrist while doing my measurement on BP with the INDEX BPM.