This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Set Up Problems

Initial setup for myself went fine with my phone and Garmin Connect app.

After my wife set up her User Profile in the Index BPM and Connect App.  Only her user appeared in Index BPM.  My user name was gone.

Attempted to readd my user to the BPM through the Connect app, but it gets stuck at finding the wireless network.  We have 4 networks in our house and it initially found it virtually instantly.  Same for my wife.  Now, the Connect App won't find the wireless network at all for the BPM.  Cannot add manually either.  That said, it should have zero trouble finding a network in our house.

Tried resetting the BPM and now can't get anything to work at all.

I think it's more of an bug in the Connect App.  When I go to Garmin Devices the Index is not listed.  I click on Add Device and it immediately takes me to asking the User Name for the Index.  And then to the wireless network.

Any thoughts or ideas?  As a side note this thing should be Bluetooth only.  The entire wireless network integration seems unnecessary.

Thank you.

Aaron

• Same problem, got stuck with not being able to see it.  And now the cuff is pretty much useless, try to take a reading and it's obsessed with trying to transmit and won't bother with doing it's job.  It's worked **once** since the mess with connecting.  (Note:  Garmin Connect believes it's all set up.)

I note that you haven't gotten a response in a month--does nobody at Garmin understand the problem?  Any fix or should I simply send it back to Amazon as defective and give it a 1-star review?

• Same problem. Just got my unit yesterday

• Got my unit in yesterday and added myself and connected to the app and wifi fine. My daughter added herself to it and my account disappeared. The device won’t show in the app. It appears and connects in the Bluetooth settings, but nothing in the garmin app. 

• Update:  I was going to take one more try at contacting tech support once again but just to be sure I nuked it and reconnected--and now it's working.  Apparently whatever was clobbering it was fixed.