This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can the Index BPM sync with only Bluetooth but no Wifi?

The marketing pages talk a lot about wifi syncing. When traveling and e.g. with a hotel network with a captive portal (or just no wifi at all) then that seems less workable. I see from the manual that the Index BPM uses Bluetooth for setup, but does it synchronize readings as well?

• I have the Index BPM. Yes, it can sync with Bluetooth.

Note that after the initial pairing and setup, whenever you want to sync the BPM via Bluetooth again, you have to turn on Bluetooth on the BPM each time. (A Wifi sync will happen automatically if available, but not Bluetooth.) Have Garmin Connect open on your phone, and, with the BPM awake (press any button to wake it up if needed), press the menu button on the BPM. If needed, press it repeatedly to cycle through the options until you see the Bluetooth logo. Then, press the heart button to start the Bluetooth connection. It'll stay connected for a sync, and you can change settings too; then it will go back to sleep.

This is not well-documented at all; I figured it out by trail and error. I hope this helps you and others!