Messages frequently don’t send from the Garmin junior app to my kids Garmin bounce. This features reliability is a major issue for me. Is there something I should be doing differently. Thanks.

I can’t get messages to my kids Garmin bounce with any reliability despite paying the LTE plan.  Why is this so dicey?? It’s a key reason I’ve for the product. Thanks. 

• No, that was a reply to the user that posted prior to you. Since you have already returned the watch there wouldn't be a need to email. 

• You can contact me via email.  I am located in Canada.  We just got the watch and it’s terrible.  Messages from the watch arrive to our phone apps near instantly whether on wifi or LTE.  Messages from our phone app to the watch can take over an hour to reach the watch, if ever (LTE or wifi, it doesn’t matter.).  We’ve tested in many locations around our suburban area with strong wifi and LTE capability and it’s always the same.  We essentially have no ability to message our son.  It only works one way, watch to phone app. We can sometimes get messages to arrive to the watch by swipe closing the garmin app on our phone and reopening.  But, this isn’t an actual solution as it doesn’t always work. Very disappointed.

• Add us to the list. WE returned the first bounce ordered thinking it was defective. After receiving the second unit and setting it up, same issue: we can send form the watch > app and it is almost instantaneous. But messages from the app > watch take over an hour. We are in Canada, will try in a few other locations, but had done that with the first one we used and had many issues. If this doesn't fix itself will return and go with a competitor or fork over the $$ to Apple for one that we KNOW works

• The messaging and live tracking don't work effectively regardless of if I am inside or outside or my son is inside or outside.  We live in Toronto so are in a major urban center.  The network should not be an issue.

The only feature that works consistently is telling us when our child has moved into or out of a boundary we have set.  Messages send but anywhere from instantly to an hour later and live tracking hasn't worked since we first got the watch.  I think it worked once or twice then never again.

This is really disappointing.  I would have recommended this device to all my friends for their kids but as it stands I couldn't do that in good conscience.  It doesn't do what it claims to do.

• What did you do to resolve the issue?

• I don't think anyone has resolved this effectively.

• Gamin support has been useless. They made me feel insulted and like I didn't know how to set it up by following the instructions. Then blamed it on LTE issues, when I just learned other people in same community have no issues with messaging or tracking. I was appalled to be treated the way  I was. Then to be told there were no replacement watches in stock and they didn't know when there would be any but I could repurchase one and it would be shipped within a week and then I could send  old one back and get refund. Right cause people just have $500 laying around for a kids watch and the $160 for the lte plan that doesn't work. If this does not resolve issue no one ion our house will support Garmin products. 

• Unfortunatly it seems to be a common issue with the bounce. I am in Canada and after 6-7 months of it working perfectly it didnt one day. Thought it was the hardware so asked for a replacement. That replacement came and the problem persisted. I spoke to customer service and they will hopefully refund the watch (i.e. they admit that after a while the watch stops working). 

• Yes, same problem with us in Toronto