This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BOUNCE: PRIVACY CONCERN URGENT

I posted this in another general topic, but it deserves some focus.

VERY IMPORTANT:

I have additional caretakers setup in the Garmin Jr. App so that my son can message them, e.g. grandparents. I have no possibility to enable or disable localization services for caretakers, i.e. at any point in time, ANY caretaker can also see where my son, and therefore likely the whole family, is or is doing. They also get notifications when we (my son) move, exit boundaries, charge the watch, start a timer, etc. They also are included in all "Family" chats, although most messages are intended for only my son, my wife and myself. 

THIS IS ABSURD AND NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

• Are you sure the people entered as Caregivers have the Family chat?  I set up my oldest kid (27) as a Caregiver and she does not have the Family group in the Connect section.  They only have the 2 kids with Bounce devices listed.

As for the location stuff, you are right they do get all the notifications. But he notifications can be disable on the Caregiver version of the Garmin Jr. app.

It has been mentioned before that it would be nice if there was a chat only group like there is for Bounce device to Bounce device.

• Hi, you're right. The caregivers are listed as family members, and if I look at the chat participants from my own phone, it shows all family members. I checked with my father, though, and indeed he does not see the family chat. One problem fewer. 

• Any updates or workarounds on this in the past four months? I'd like my ex wife to message our daughter but obviously wouldn't want her to be able to track where we are and get notified when we come and go.

• Agree, THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!  I have caregivers that do not need to know the family's every move.  I would have not purchased this watch for my son had I known this issue.  My nephew has a similar watch  from another brand and his dad is able to choose which contact has location access and which don't.   Please add access control so that the guardian can choose which acceess to grant to the careguvers or add a contact level just for messaging.

• Any Updates?  I would like my in-laws to message with my son but until I can disable their ability to view his location I will not add them as caregivers.  Please add access control so that the guardian can choose which access to grant to the caregivers. if that is not possible, add a contact level just for messaging without any location access.  

• Agreed. I asked about this a year ago and was told it was in the works. What is the status?

• Same boat here. Did you figure it out?

• If this is not working as designed, suggest contacting Garmin Customer Support

If it's a new feature request, submit your suggestion here - Share Ideas | Garmin

• I contacted customer support and was told to use the forum.  Any other way that we could actually get someone to look into this issue.  It is a major security concern, we want our kids to be able to contact families members, but we don't want the family members to have location access.  Other kids smartwatches like the T-mobile one, the parent/guardian can choose which information other family members can access.  Currently my son only communicates with me since I don't want my sister-in law and mother in-law to have location access which is a bummer since my sister in-law gifted the watch to my son.