This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Varia Radar/Tail light question

Hi
I have a question for owners of any of the RTL5xx (rear light radar). Can I turn on and off the radar and tail light functions separately through the Edge?
Most of the time I ride on bike paths where I don't need the radar function - I'd like to be able to turn it on when I need it while riding on the road. Same with the light - now the days are getting longer and I don't always need the rear light on. I suppose that as far as the light is concerned it is possible (I have it this way in my current Bontrager Flare RT) - but how about the radar function?

• I have a code from the developer I can reload, but I really cannot remember why I removed the brake light.

The radar and vehicle count still active also the daylight/nightlight sensor ... maybe it was eating up too much battery because of constantly communicating with the Edge 1030?

Usually I start biking late afternoon for 2-3 hours and specially now the days getting shorter I am coming home almost dark, I need the rear light to keep a juice.