This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Feature request, new Auto-Mode

New Auto mode:

RADAR = on

Light  = off 

When radar detects a car Varia should  activate the default light mode.

After passing the radar und no following cars die light should  switch  off. 

This would be  an great  plus in  security for the cyclist! 

• It was possible on my Edge 520 so in theory, it should work with your 520+. You don't use button on the RTL510 to toggle it to standby mode. To turn off the taillight while leaving the radar enabled, you go to the sensors menu of 520. You should see the "Lights" sensor. When you are there, go to "Network Options" and change "Light Mode" to "Individual". When you are done, go back to the previous screen and go to "Radar" (this should be your Varia radar). While you are there, change "Light Mode" to "Off". That should do it.

• Thanks but I cannot see those options when I goto "Sensors".  Going there I only see what is paired and RTL510 is paired as a radar only.  I have tried to pair as a "Light" sensor to get the "Network Options" like others have mentioned but head unit does not pick up as light, only radar and I cannot add ANT+ ID manually for a light.  I have updated firmware of both head unit and radar to the latest. Any ideas?  

• To pair as light you need to but the RTL510 into pairing mode. By default it will pair as Radar without you having to do anything other than switching it on. To pair as a light the unit needs to be put into pairing mode. With the device turned off, hold the device key for 2 seconds to enter pairing mode. The status LED flashes purple, and the taillight turns on. The device is in pairing mode for 5 minutes or until you press the device key.

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/variartl510/EN-US/GUID-83345F4C-DAC5-437D-A10F-1EE92E92B980.html

• Thanks aweatherall .. it worked, yay. Was weird but had to attempt the above multiple times, then for whatever reason it finally found the light network automatically which it never did on previous attempts following same steps.  Nonetheless it works .. thanks again all. 

• but first post suggests something little bit different... read it again ;-)

• True .. let's get back to the original feature request then which I would also like, but at least it helped me solve the other issue of mine :)