This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

The Varia RTL 510 needs a "do-not-annoy-followers-light-mode"

Dear Garmin Varia RTL product manager, I love my Varia RTL 510 and do not want to miss it, but it urgently needs a "do-not-annoy-followers-light-mode" with reduced brightness and no-flashing-at-all on approaching cars, thus a light mode that is less annoying to my fellow cyclists in a group ride, and when I am cycling the city and cars have to drive behind me. This "do-not-annoy-followers-light-mode" should be like the only light-mode of the RTL 511 (= the german STVO-compliant variant of the int'l RTL510), the 7lm solid mode (vs. the 511's 20lm "low" mode), no flashing on approaching cars, but still warning me on my Edge head-unit. Because the RTL 510 is currently lacking such a "do-not-annoy-followers-light-mode", I have to use another (non-flashing) rear-light and have to switch the RTL 511 to "off mode" (radar-on/light-off), when riding in the city, or going on a group ride. kind regards, Armin.
  • Me too. Follow group riders are complaining when riding behind as they are getting blinded and loosing sight of my rear wheel. I’ve used many various rear lights and this is the first I’ve ever had fellow riders complain about. It really just needs a lower brightness mode.