This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Rs200 - Calibration error 1024

I have the rs200 for a couple of months now. Today, when I tried to do a calibration, the edge 530 shows a error 1024. Tried several times and it gives me the same error message. Cranks are pointing in the right direction (one pointing at 12 and the other at 6). Both feet unclipped from the pedals. I even tried to reset it by removing both batteries but still giving the same error message.

According to the error code for vector 3 (assuming they are the same as the RS200) here https://support.garmin.com/en-SG/?faq=Qo74xfCFGfAGZqL6Tw7Cz9 the error is "Calibration aborted due to pedaling on right pedal". It is strange as I did not put load on the right pedal. 

Anyone having same problem or ideas to fix this issue?

• Yes! I am having the same issue completely out of the blue. I’ve had pedals for 6 months with no issue and suddenly this started a couple days ago. 

• Did you resolve the issue? I am still having the same error. The lights on my pedal is flashing green and red. What’s on your pedal lights?

• Update: I have ordered a new set of batteries and replaced the existing ones today. It is working now. Seems like the right pedal ran out of battery.

•  Have had this since day one on 3.0- red/green flashing lights on wake up ( which supposedly mean that firmware is loading) and near constant 1024 errors. Worked with Garmin support and they replaced the pedals. New ones are exactly the same.  Engineering is supposed to be investigating. That was 5 months ago.  Nothing yet. 

• I am also having this issue, new batteries did not resolve  the issue. No data from right Pedal.  I remove and pair the right pedal to the left but can’t get them to calibrate and now no data from right pedal.

• I do have the same problem. No cycling dynamics from the right pedal and error 1024 when calibrating. I've changed batteries with same result. It is a brand new upgrade from rally 100 and i have not been able to maje them work yet.

• Check that the pedals are paired to each other.

• They are. Actually, I unpaired and paired again to get the same result.

• Could post one of the FIT activity files or private message it to me?

• First of all, many thanks for your help aweatherall. Let me explain that in detail.

- I received the right upgrade pedal last week (rally xc)
    - I tried to pair them and didn't succeed. Although brand new, I changed the battery of the new right pedal and they paired. I did not have time to go cycling (just checking the purchase) so I checked that everything was working but did not record any activity
    - Yesterday (one week later) I was about to go for a ride. The garmin 1030 said it was paired (in the "sensors/sensor details/about" page both pedals appeared as connected and battery ok)
    - However, when starting a ride, the behaviour was strange since in the cycling dynamics page I could see all data from the left pedal (Left PCO, Left PP...) but there was no data for the right pedal
    - After checking everything, I decided to change the battery of the right pedal (although it was new from last week and only used 5' to prove it) and then everything worked
    - Let me confirm that the pedals were paired with the garmin 1030 via ant+ and, actually, in the sensor page you had the option of unpair available and the status battery as ok. They are also connected with garmin connect mobile (bluetooth) but I do not think this matters

I also have the vector 3 (both pedals) and have been using the rally xc100 (left pedal) for some time and I have never seen these kind of problems with batteries. Anyway, now it seems it is working but I will keep you posted in case the problem with the battery drain persists. Many thanks.