This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Rs200 - Calibration error 1024

I have the rs200 for a couple of months now. Today, when I tried to do a calibration, the edge 530 shows a error 1024. Tried several times and it gives me the same error message. Cranks are pointing in the right direction (one pointing at 12 and the other at 6). Both feet unclipped from the pedals. I even tried to reset it by removing both batteries but still giving the same error message.

According to the error code for vector 3 (assuming they are the same as the RS200) here https://support.garmin.com/en-SG/?faq=Qo74xfCFGfAGZqL6Tw7Cz9 the error is "Calibration aborted due to pedaling on right pedal". It is strange as I did not put load on the right pedal. 

Anyone having same problem or ideas to fix this issue?

• I am still having this issue, I really don’t think it’s the battery. I have had these pedals about a year now. The first time the right pedal failed was just after about 8 months, at that point I was just getting an error message saying right pedal not connected. I replaced the batteries but the right pedal still would not show any data. next I tried unpairing and repairing the right pedal, swapped battery covers and it started working again and was good for another 4 months, it just seemed to randomly start working again, probably from getting thing reset. But now it’s seems down for good. I have tried everything several different new batteries, cleaning the battery contacts, checking the torque on the on spindles, removing and reinstalling devices on the edge 530. 

Everything looks ok on the Edge and in Connect. Software 4, I can pair and unpair the right pedal. Battery says OK. Both pedals show connected.

one thing I do see on the Garmin is 400 left pedal errors?  But no details. calibration always fails and mostly with error 1024 but sometimes just 0.

Any other ideas on what might be wrong or might fix this issue?

• 400 is a warning that the pedal cannot be found from a radio perspective. This would lead to a calibration error. Maybe you need to spin the pedals a little more to make sure that both sides are awake before calibration. If that does not work I would suggest contacting Garmin support.

• Yes it seems it’s time to contact warranty. I like the pedals, very nice to be able to switch bikes, but they need to work.

• Unfortunately it happened again. After only 3 days after replacing the right pedal battery, it did not pair because the battery of the right pedal was already dead (it was a brand new battery and it only had 3 days and one activity of one hour recorded). I have just sent an email to customer service. I am sorry but this definetely should not be happening. All these issues Garmin is having with the batteries of its powermeters is just ridicolous and not appropiate for a brand like garmin.

• I have had the same problems. Sometimes when I have to change the battery to get everything working even though the batteries are new and have charge.

• Thanks Luis. When you say somentimes...any kind of "best practices" in order this not to happen? Thanks.

• I think the problem is a software glitch. I'm from the electronics area and I don't find any problem with the batteries or the covers. When I take the batteries out, it should do a kind of reset and it works for a while. But it also doesn't happen with all batteries despite being charged.

• I also think this is some kind of software issue, as this has happened for me a few times now. The first time the right pedal stopped reporting data was most likely a dead battery, after replacing the battering I had to disconnect, unpair and "reboot" everything to get it to work again.  Then it happened again a while later, I did not log when I changed the batteries but I got the error "right peddle not connected" and it had been while, so I changed the battery again and no right side power, I unpaired the pedals took both batteries out again and then I got right pedal data for about a week or 3 to 4 rides.  Finally the right side power failed again after about a week and none of these tricks have worked to get the right side data to show up.

This thread assumes this is a right pedal issue, but it could be a left pedal problem, my Garmin says the right pedal is paired , I use these pedals on several bikes and have logged around 500 hours on them but I don't see any noticeable physical damage to any of the pins or contacts etc. That being said the left pedal seems to be compensating for the missing right pedal power or maybe its getting the right pedal power but unable to display it on the scree?

In any case the problem is obvious as in the current state it is not possible to calibrate the pedals, always getting the error code 1024.  It would be nice if there as some way to connect to the pedals and get more diagnostics and do some more trouble shooting.  There does not seem to be a way to reinstall or repair the the firmware unless there is a new update.  

• I encounter error 1024 quite a bit with my Rally XC200 pedals and Garmin Edge 530. I've had 2 sets of these pedals and they both do this randomly. Cancelling the calibration and trying again, or rebooting the Edge, makes it go away.

I speculate that it's some kind of communication error between the Edge and/or the 2 pedals.I have my Edge 530 set to auto-calibrate the pedals after it boots up, and there is a lot of sensor pairing happening at that moment, as well as syncing with Garmin Connect on my phone for both the Edge and the pedals. Sometimes I see the Edge showing a pedals connected message, and then I guess they disappear momentarily because then I get a second connected message. I think this kind of "intermittent pairing" is probably occurring when the 1024 errors happen.

• I had the problem with the 1024 calibration error on my XC200 pedals.  Garmin replaced the pedals and the problem still occurred.  However, once I upgraded to 4.0 firmware the problem mostly went away.  It has only occurred once out of about 20 calibrations and redoing the calibration succeeded.  Also, the calibration is now also reliable on my Karoo2 and my Epix 2 as well as my Edge 1040.  Before the firmware upgrade the calibration only worked on the 1040 and only occasionally,