This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Poor battery life

Hi Folks,

So my Rally pedals are cool; there are dropouts but infrequent enough that I can deal with them.

But, battery life from a new pair of CR-1/3N is very low; in the order of 40 hours.  What is your battery life like?

Cheers

Top Replies

All Replies

• Hope I am.not headed down the path many of you have noted.  I have about 1,000 miles on my pedals. Used them 75% on Zwift connected to my computer with BT and connected to my Edge 1030 with Ant. Rode yesterday on the road with zero issues. Battery levels post ride were “ok” per ride summary in Garmin Connect.

Headed out for a road ride today and they would not wake up to connect. Road without them. Once back home I pulled batteries from both pedals. Both registered about 0.3 Volts. 

I plan to replace the batteries tomorrow following the bulletin referenced above. Fingers crossed. 

• Hi just add the left pedal down yesterday with my new battery i've done 5,800km and 87h of riding with 30% on home trainer.

Meaning that I will need 2 battery set for a year. 

Not the promised 120h but i'm good with that. The only "issue" is that I did not received a warning, it says low battery and then cut 10mn after. I will take an extra battery for ultra racing in case of.

Battery was VARTA CR1/3N from Amazon at 4€, will keep this model for now. 

• I followed the cleaning instructions. Cleaning with alcohol and applying some oil. And it seems promising. I don't have any numbers, but since they are still working, it is much much better than before.

Is the problem that there is too much oil in the battery compartment from factory, so that there are leak-currents (if it is called that in english)?

• ma part j’ai changé mes piles sur mes rally 200 après 1200 kms seulement...

• I have Vector 3 pedals on two bikes, and Rally pedals on a third.  My oldest bike has original Vectors, which are still working just fine, except that the right pedal seems to be allowing my shoes to move (I use Look black - zero float - cleats).

I haven't had to change the Rally batteries, but when I change the batteries in my Vector 3's, I just lean the bike to the side to get the LR44 batteries out.  No magnet required!

But I guess I'd better buy some mineral oil before I have to change the CR1/3N batteries.

• Hi,

sorry for the noob question: why are you using mineral oil and where?

just changed my CR1/3N battery in my rally and wondering if my miss a step.

thx

• The mineral oil is supposed to reduce the damage "fretting" caused by vibrations. See the cleaning instructions for Vector and Rally pedals.

support.garmin.com/.../

• Suggestion : do not take extra batteries on ultra races. Just put in fresh batteries. Then swap back to the old ones and run them down during training. This is my standard practice for batteries (in HRM, vectors, etc) and for tires as well. I am also using the Varta CR1/3N. These in combination with new battery doors are perfect.