This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Poor battery life

Hi Folks,

So my Rally pedals are cool; there are dropouts but infrequent enough that I can deal with them.

But, battery life from a new pair of CR-1/3N is very low; in the order of 40 hours.  What is your battery life like?

Cheers

Top Replies

All Replies

•  No dropouts or problems whatsoever. First battery low after approx 2250 km. Replaced immediately, so no idea how much left in the tank.

• Thanks for the reply; thats great distance and life.  I'm envious.

• didnt you pair it to your mobile via BT? (directly to the mobile BT or in the Garmin Connect app). If yes, remove this pairing. do both batteries run out from juice so quickly or just the left side (or the right maybe)?

• I have the same problem. when the rally pedals came in new, they held for a few thousand km. I changed batteries and they don't even hold one week. I use the varta brand so I would assume these are good batteries.

It seems that only the left pedal goes dead each time.

anybody who knows how to solve that?

thanks

• Just to add one more data point, I've had mine several months.They travel with me twice a month in my suitcase. I started getting a Low Battery Warning just about a week or so ago and that was preceded by lots of Power Phase drop-outs. I kept riding them until the right pedal lost connection. I just put new batteries in last week. I've seen almost no Power Phase drop-outs and they've been calibrating reliably since the swap. I will say that the battery doors are susceptible to stripping when I tried to torque them to spec.  Cheers....Tim

• How much torque do you apply?

• Whatever Garmin spec was in manual. I chatted with Support and they sent me a new battery door.

I think I need to just be extra careful with them.

• do you already have an answer on that. I have the same thing, I probably changed batteries already 6 times and each time the left one drains in less than 1 week. When I bought them, it held like 3/4 of a year with approx 5000 km.

I drives me crazy

• Batteries seem to still be holding strong at 28-days, across two bikes and two trips in my suitcase. I"d suggest if you have issues with them draining, try calling or chatting with Customer Support at Garmin, I've had excellent support (U.S. Office).

• Did u ever get a fix, I have the exact same issue. Worked for few months and then since I changed them once the left one now drains weekly.