This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Rally 200 firmware update problems

I've tried updating the pedals to firmware 3.00 but it takes several minutes sending data to them and when the progress bar finishes(after at least 20 min) Garmin Connect tells me that the connection has lost and no updates will be saved. Minutes later when it seems the pedals restart and the connection is established again the update appears on Garmin Connect so I assume no update has been done.

I've tried 3 times and the result has been the same.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Alberto

• In my case battery in the right pedal died during the update process as it was stuck in the update loop. After replacing both batteries no issues at all.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago

Since we have a new firmware (4.0) - My first try (might) have failed from my phone, but now I'm not so sure.  It still showed an update available afterward.  So the next time I spun the cranks every minute and ended up getting the 20 green blinks (updated).  However the mobile app still showed "update available".  So I removed and reconnected the pedals to my phone and sure enough, I was up to date.  I think this happened with the 3.0 update and it took me a while to figure out you have to disconnect your pedals from the phone to actually show the current firmware success upon reconnecting.  

• I am seeing similar behavior installing 4.0.  However, the only device that I can see the update was successful is on my Fenix 7X.  I never saw the 20 green flashes yet the update appears successful.  Garmin really needs to clean up their update process.

• I hate my Garmin Rally :-/ 

Power drops, differences between other Powermeters and now the firmware update is not working. 

I do not have any other Garmin device and try to update the firmware via Garmin Connect App.

Nothing happens when I tap firmware update available. Garmin Rally do not start blinking :-(

• Similar experience for me with RS100 pedals. I used the Android Garmin Connect App on my phone. The first attempt failed as my phone went to sleep during the upload from phone to pedals so I tried again after altering my phone settings. All seemed to work and finished with 20 green blinks. However, Garmn Connect still showed an update was availble. I removed my pedals from Garmin Connect via the app and then reconnected them. The app now showed the pedals with firmware 4.0. Logging in to Garmin Connect via web browser also shows the pedals have version 4.0.

• Same problme here. Removing the pedals from Garmin Connect and bluetooth, and connect them again solved the problem.

• Mine is saying that v 3.0 is current. I see v 4.0 was released months ago, but my Dashboard, Edge, and Connect all say there are no updates available for my Rally 200s.

• Have you found any Solution for this Problem? My Rally are on 3.10 and Connect shows no Update.

• The update to 4.00 and 4.10 have currently been taken down.

• Thanks for the information. Do you know why?