This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Rally 200 firmware update problems

I've tried updating the pedals to firmware 3.00 but it takes several minutes sending data to them and when the progress bar finishes(after at least 20 min) Garmin Connect tells me that the connection has lost and no updates will be saved. Minutes later when it seems the pedals restart and the connection is established again the update appears on Garmin Connect so I assume no update has been done.

I've tried 3 times and the result has been the same.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Alberto

• I am seeing the same issue. I've tried 3 times with no success. I even pulled the batteries, waited, reinstalled, then tried to update with no success. 

• I had the same problem using the Garmin Connect app on my iPhone. It worked first time when I used my Garmin Edge 530 to preform the update. 

• I also had the same problem but I solved it on the third attempt, the first time I tried to update from the Fenix 6 and the last two through Garmin Connect. Maybe it depends on the fact that they go into standby. The last attempt I turned the pedals every now and then. 

Antonio

• Yes, to update these was a pain. First I tried update via Edge1030+ and after 30 minutes I gave up and restarted them. Then I tried GCM and it took around 15 minutes, but from then right pedal is not connected anymore (after wakeup I am getting only one red blink). No idea if battery is low (battery in left is still full) or it is not updated, thus not able to connect to the left pedal.

• Please Garmin-Matthew , could you check this? It seems we are many with the same issue.

Thanks in advance

• Update:  I was previously trying to update my pedals using the Garmin Connect app on my phone.  Today I connected the pedals to my Garmin 530 and when I look at the information for the pedals it shows firmware version 3.00.  So I connected the pedals to my phone again and now the Garmin Connect app is showing the firmware up to date at version 3.00.  Not sure what happened but the firmware must have updated on one of my previous attempts but the app didn't register the update.

• and what about the right pedal? Is it connected? In my case in GCM it is grayed out, Edge is showing it as connected with left pedal error 400-0.

• Just as a datapoint, I have a Garmin Edge1030 and believe the update worked without issue. Sorry to hear there are problems with other methods.

• Sorry to hear some are having update issues.  Mine installed from my Fenix 6X Pro without issue.  The download did not take long but the "Left Pedal Restarting" took longer then expected.  My guess is this is when the actual install was taking place and it likely had to restart the pegs more than once to complete. I did spin my pegs a few times during the install just to make sure they stayed active and connected.  Watch was always withing a couple of feet from the pegs.  Hope this helps and or the issues others are having get resolved.

• Thanks a lot. I'll try again spinning them while updating.