This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

L/R balance on rally Spd-sl pedals seems off (60-40).

• L/R balance on rally Spd-sl pedals seems off (60-40). Reinstalled the pedals to no avail. Any tips? It is not paired to Garmin connect. It is paired to Edge 830. I checked and it seems to be running latest version.
  • No harm, no foul! Wink

• Had same 60/40 problem. Spoke with Garmin and we removed batteries, unpaired with computer and basically reset everything. Worked perfectly for 2 rides (50/50, 51/49) which confirmed it wasn’t me, but then went back to its old ways after that. Westernbikeworks replaced pedals no questions asked, but had same issue with new pedals. Now thinking something off with my 520 Plus. 

• Interesting. How did you reset the pedals? Also did your total power change when it was 50-50, or only balance?

Thanks

• By reset I mean we just deleted and unpaired everything. Deleted devices from garmin connect and Bluetooth, deleted garmin connect app, unpaired my phone from the app and the pedals, and started over as if you never had a garmin device and had to set up from scratch. He also mentioned that if that didn’t work, then to download the Garmin Express app on my laptop (won’t work on iPhone or iPad), which I had never heard of, and do a software update of my 520. I haven’t tried that yet. Interestingly, my total power numbers are fine, only the balance is off. 

• Looks exactly like the issue I have. Tried to delete everything as you said. Got 51-49 on a short test ride. Next ride it was back to 60-40. Seems like a software bug. I have Edge 820, so it doesnt seem to be 520 specific. I also think total power is OK as I get comparable numbers on the trainer.

• Frustrating for sure. I’m going to give that Garmin Express a try and if that doesn’t do it just remove the L/R balance from my screen and forget about it!

• Thought i would throw this out there for someone researching same problem.  My case is probably not very common.  I had a big imbalance from L to R (~54+/46-) on my trainer.  I  discovered that my center of frame to center of pedal was 1/4" wider on my Left side. i fixed this and my balance is 50/50 now