This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problem with 12.30 upgrade on Edge Explore 820

Has anyone else had a problem with connecting sensors since upgrading to version  12.30  I can no longer connect my Edge remote or Cadence sensors

• Even my Edge Explorer with v12.30 loses all the sensors, cadence, FC and Edge Remote Control, I also went back to v12.10 and everything works.

• I have the same problem. Device isn't stable.  Keeps trying to "go to sleep" whilst navigating a route.  Device won't maintain connection with Varia Light or PowerTap powermeter (no problems before).  This update has effectively bricked this device. Mine is within warranty, so I am going to try and get a refund through the Consumer Rights Act - Garmin appear to have made my 820 "unfit for purpose".  They also appear to have known about this for 4 days without a fix.  Is anyone else losing patience with Garmin?  

• Hi Garmin

It would seem that people are manually rolling back to version 12.10.

Is it possible for you to send out version 12.10 as an update whilst you are working on the bug in version 12.30?

• How do I roll back to version 12.10?

• I have the same problem as you. I have problems with the heart FC, cadence and speed sensors. The value appears and disappears every 2 minutes an the record of the values is not correct. The calories are bad calculated because the value of heart sensor disappear. 

It is a problem with the version 12.3 of the software.

@Garmin: We need that you solve this issue updating the software as soon as possible!

• after 30sec in to the activity is losing the sensors (PM power2max , speed and HR ) and is searching them...

• Same problem here, all sensors drop all the time.

Hrm, 4iiii power meter,garmin speedsensor. Terrible update.

Hope they fix it soon, I guess they are working on it,meanwhile there is no other option but do downgrade to earlier version. 

• Hi there, I tried reverting to previous version and I am having all kinds of issues. When can we expect a fix? 

This is very frustrating, honestly never expected a company like Garmin releasing a version that creates more problem than doing any good 

• Exact same issue. I have 4 x bikes all with garmin cadence sensors, upgraded to 12.30 last week on my edge 820. Sensors connect but then return zero data to the display, or erroneous data, or works okay for 15 minutes then blank. This is common to all 4 sensors. Tried deleting and reconnecting every sensor but this did not solve the issue. SORT THIS OUT GARMIN!!!! Amateur behaviour and no way to treat customers who have invested heavily in your ecosystem.