New Edge Explore 2 Version 20.18 Now Available

The new firmware 20.18 was installed on my device yesterday.
What are the changelogs?

• after the update, it dives more slowly, but my thermometer shows 4 Celsius more. let's say it was so inaccurate before
  • I think with regards to climb pro it’s an onboard memory issue (there isn’t enough) because the newer 840 & 1040 store the climb data on the unit?

• I don't know how the code looks, but I don't think that's the case. If I was Garmin I wouldn't allow it to happen. For example today I updated 2 maps in GE, at the beginning it told me I don't have enough storage. So I updated one map, and then the other one. It worked flowlessly. So let's assume the storage size is OK.

The same argument could be made for the RAM during the activity. While there can be bugs, there always are, but it makes sense that a feature like this is released to a device after it's tested and they know how much memory can be used on each device. IMHO you don't need to keep all the data in the memory, only the next few kilometers.

• I think with regards to climb pro it’s an onboard memory issue (there isn’t enough) because the newer 840 & 1040 store the climb data on the unit?

How much storage space would be involved in this case?
    I think, it is very easy to determine whether there is space on the hard drive or not.

• For using ClimbPro during free ride (no loaded course) ClimbPro uses an extra set of maps with size of several GB's, stored in a separate folder (not sure: RemoteSW?).
    Maybe worth dropping a question in the 1040 section of this forum if some body knows the system requirements & details?
    If I look on my Explore 2 with the latest Garmin Cycle Map EU 2014.10 there is only about 1.8 GB free space left. When I add my two preferred third party OSM cycle maps only 358 MB is free - by far not enough to store extra ClimbPro maps. So, my assumption is that Garmin even does not consider at all to implement ClimbPro free on the EE2 because of its limited storage space and no extra SD storage option. If ClimbPro free also has extra memory requirements, I don't know.

• Edge 540 also has only 16GB of internal storage, but supports ClimbPro free ride. Lack of extra storage can be solved by partially installing the maps. It’s a question of whether Garmin is willing to give this feature to EE2, to which the answer is probably NO.

• There are many features (not sure if this is such) that could be ported to older devices and the only reason they aren't is marketing, so people buy the more expensive or newer device. Sometimes there are hardware reasons, probably not in this case. And maybe it'll come in the next version

• For using ClimbPro during free ride (no loaded course) ClimbPro uses an extra set of maps with size of several GB's, stored in a separate folder (not sure: RemoteSW?).

In a different thread in the 1040 section I read this: "9GB of additional files identifying and classifying the climbs" being used for ClimbPro free ride. No maps, but rather database files containing the climb data.

• could it be possible we just need to drop those files on our garmins?  Any ideas of the actual file names or know anyone with a 1040??