Garmin edge 840 not syncing

This is frustrating... The Edge 840 is perfect, except for the really bad syncing with Garmin connect. 1/2 rides will not upload unless I connect it through a usb cable to the computer. I've tried removing the device, resetting phone, GPS, everything... But still, after a few days it always comes back to the 1/2 ratio. 

Is there a solution to upload rides? Other edge devices had an option to upload the ride trough the device... 

Help. 

• the only way I found to reliably sync is to at the end of the ride turn the 840 off, then turn it back on while keeping my phone close by, this will pretty much always sync the ride to my cellphone garmin connect, if it does not I repeat this with my watch off as well (happens rarely). If I leave it running it is rare it syncs on its own, I always have to power cycle it, never had this issue with my older 510 or with my watch which always sync no problem right away. Also if I go in garmin connect the 840 shows pretty much as always syncing, the arrow is always spinning regardless of what's going on.

• Any more info on this, it was syncing slow, now it shows my Edge 840, as not connected, although bluetooth is connected on phone and device. Beyond frustrated. What is going on GARMIN! 

• Really annoying for me as well. I think deleting all past activities helps!