Garmin edge 840 not syncing

This is frustrating... The Edge 840 is perfect, except for the really bad syncing with Garmin connect. 1/2 rides will not upload unless I connect it through a usb cable to the computer. I've tried removing the device, resetting phone, GPS, everything... But still, after a few days it always comes back to the 1/2 ratio. 

Is there a solution to upload rides? Other edge devices had an option to upload the ride trough the device... 

Help. 

• This is happening to me also. My 840 has version 20.19 S/W installed and yet it won't sync my activity data either via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Despite the 840 being shown as a connected device in the Garmin Connect app, when I sync, no activity upload occurs. If I attempt a Wi-Fi Sync, I get a "Sync Failed" message. My Wi-Fi connection passes the 'Test Network Connection' test available in the Connect app. So, like you, the only way I've found to successfully sync is via USB cable and Garmin Express.

• The same to me, sync to garmin connect is very slow if my ride beyond 100k

• Same here and it reflects on 'training status'. I'm also thinking that 'training status' is also malfunctioning. Seems the last update on garmin connect is fubarred. I don't use it much since it doesn't work any more. Seems garmin doesn't care either.