This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Chevron gone?

The navigation line on my 840 used to have a chevron which was incredibly usefull when the route intersects (I'm riding without TBT).

Done a ride this weekend, no chevron anymore? Any suggestions?

• Welcome to the X40 Ghost Course bug, missing chevrons is one of the elements, been happening on the 1040 since release 12 months ago but no indication Garmin even believes anything is wrong let also fixing it. Happens (mostly) to people with Turn Guidance disabled (for good reasons) and the current workaround/fix is to turn it ON, I have a list of more than a dozen threads regarding this by different users, I will but them up later. Includes a summary of the issue.

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-1040-series/336365/ghost-course-chevrons-missing-wrong-navigation-instructions-17-29 

• Yep, and perhaps related, I have turn guidance and auto reroute turned off, yet for the first miles of a ride I get guidance and instructions to return to the course.  After some miles, it stops, and the chevrons are gone for the rest of the ride.

• bummer to see this is the case but thanks.

What's even more egregious is the virtual partner icon is larger than your actual position on a map!  Man, how dumb. It's messed me up twice now. 

• I noticed another chevron oddity yesterday.  I was navigating a course and the chevrons had disappeared as usual.  However, I passed near another course that I had set to always display on the map.  I could see that course on the map and it had chevrons.  I guess it's not that surprising that they disappear only on the active course, but it is notable.

Virtual partner arrow size and inability to make it go away or set a global speed for it so it races away or stays at the start rather than show on map screen during the ride is a whole 'nother problem.