This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No training status?

I use an Edge 830 running the latest fw and a forerunner 255 on beta 14.08.

Despite recording indoor cycling workouts on the 830 and physio true up being 'on' on the 830...for the last week or so...that device shows no training load in Garmin connect app for android. The 830 itself shows a training status..just fails to report it to GC...or GC fails to display it.

Anyone else seeing this?

• Same problem with Edge 830 on Beta 9.73. My Fenix 6 Pro update the training status correctly. 

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Spain

• Any word yet? Now my edge 1040 is set to inactive even though training and recording activities continue. 

• I got an email from Garmin yesterday saying they had accessed my account and stated that it looked like my primary device had changed (nothing changed, other than a beta update to my Epix). They advised me to use my Epix training status display page and to sync my 1040 before & after each cycle. End of email... I checked that my primary health tracker in GC is still my Epix (nothing changed, and still logging perfectly, although GC had lost all its load history before 20th Jan). My 1040 still tracks fine on device, GC activities are correctly sync'ed but still no training load on GC since 20th Jan... I do know that Physio true up (selection) was removed from last update on Epix, now always on by default, training load / recovery syncs across both devices, seems ok, just the training load on GC seems screwed... This all happened sometime around 20th Jan when I updated my Epix, no sure if GC was also updated around then... Hope Garmin come back with an update to GC...

• Hate it when you get those generic reply's...  My issue started from 14th of january. 

• Quick update - just verified on my Epix and 1040 - both devices sync all data perfectly between them, activities, recovery time and training load... Only Connect doesn't update the 1040 acute training load (and no training status), both on IOS & web...

FYI, Garmin have just released a beta update for the Epix (11.24) which I installed 10 mins ago, restarted, with no improvement.

I am convinced the issue is with Garmin Connect...

• I agree. Same with me, devices themselves sync perfectely. its connect web that doesn't register correctely. I'm on forerunner 955solar and edge 1040

• Question, I have noticed a change on garmin connect web. under rapports (to view training status) I cannot chose my 1040 anymore. (also when clicking on devices and syncstate (top right)  the view for setting preffered activity tracker has changed. It now says primary wearable  AND primary trainingdevice.  do you have the same? Looks like they are making some changes? However on connect app it still shows the same.

• You are correct - same here... and I think this is good... We only need one training status, a combination of all devices training load amalgamated into one trend. I hope we see the same on the mobile app going forward, as long as the acute training load does reflect any & all device activities. We do need the training focus back though on the web page...Fingers crossed 

I did notice an update to mobile app yesterday without success, and their web site / Strava integration was very flaky today...

• Here's the official answer from Garmin Support on the issue with acute load/training status not showing in GC web/app for Edge1040

"

Thank you for your response. We are aware of the problem you are experiencing and our engineering team is currently investigating the issue further. We have collected the information from your devices and account and are in the process of finding a solution. We do not have any confirmed workarounds at this time and will contact you once we have more information.  

Please contact us with any further questions. 

":

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-1040-series/321745/training-status-load-and-load-focus-broken-in-garmin-connect#pifragment-1290=4

• Thanks, we all saw that reply earlier, just have to be patient I suppose... At least good to know they acknowledge the issue.

They do seem to be making changes in the background to Connect yesterday (web page)...