This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

error installing map update

Hi,

my Edge 830 in on version 9.73

Multiple times I tried to install the "Routable Cycle Map of AU and NZ 2022.0"

Every time I get the error: "There was an error installing the update"

What I have done so far:

1. Check storage available on device. It has 10GB available; means storage is not the issue

1. remove device from Garmin Express and re-connect subsequently

2. re-install Garmin Express

3. delete all *.img, *.gma, *.unl except gmaptz.img from the Garmin directory of the device

Despite the effort, I still get the error message.

What can I do to install the map update? Is there a workaround or a fix?

thanks

Norbert

• All, 

This report has been resolved. Please update or reinstall the maps using Garmin Express. If you are still experiencing this after, please reach out to your local support team directly using this link.

• I still face this issue... I have a Garmin 1030 and get a notification on the device itself that there is an update available (it currently as software version 13.73), but when I try to install it, it fails to install. That's why I thought i'd use Garmin Connect... If I do that, I see that there are various updates available (among them the maps update), but it is not able to install them. I removed and reinstalled Garmin Connect, no success... I checked the available storage on the device, which seems sufficient.

How can I get this issue solved?

• I have a 1040 and removed the maps as instructed after the latest firmware update.  I am getting the same error message that everyone else here is getting when attempting to re-install the maps.  I have tried the previous official Garmin suggesting and still getting the error.  I need an immediate fix because I am traveling soon and need the maps to work.