This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Courses - The 100 Limit!!!

FFS!!..... After 2 hours of nearly going crazy and tearing my imaginary hair out (I'm bald) and now not bothering to go on my planned ride this afternoon!... as I've finally just discovered the 100 courses limit in my Garmin 830.

I tried syncing via phone, wifi, cable... absolutely nada, I then tried different routes, creating another route - just in case the file was corrupted, tried route planning on Garmin, Strava, RideGPS - nada! 

I thought my device was broken.  

Okay, Garmin has decided on some arbitrary limit... fine, but what would be really really helpful - if there was some notification either on the Garmin Connect app or on the device itself that the limit had been reached... thus saving me or potentially anyone else of 2 hours of absolute ballache! 

• Just had the same problem....thanks for posting this otherwise I'd have been lost too!

• Just hit the same problem. It'll only become more common as these devices get older and customers try to upload more courses. Garmin really ought to be able to sort this out.

To the people who ask why would we need 100 courses, that kind of misses the point. I'm sure no one needs 100 courses on their device, but since Garmin basically stays quiet on this limit, I think it's fair to assume that most users won't perform any housekeeping and will keep uploading courses as they need them - eventually hitting the hidden limit. If the limit must stay, then at least Garmin should implement a warning or error when it's hit.

• It isn't a hidden limit.  It is stated on the device product page. I agree it should be flagged up when you approach it.

• It should be made clearer in the manual but I find that the majority of Garmin users do not read the manual. A warning on the unit when approaching the limit would be the best solution.

The problem with having so many courses on the Garmin is that it slows it down. Especially the startup time. Look at the screen when it is turned on and you will see on the bottom that it is loading courses and workouts.