This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Courses - The 100 Limit!!!

FFS!!..... After 2 hours of nearly going crazy and tearing my imaginary hair out (I'm bald) and now not bothering to go on my planned ride this afternoon!... as I've finally just discovered the 100 courses limit in my Garmin 830.

I tried syncing via phone, wifi, cable... absolutely nada, I then tried different routes, creating another route - just in case the file was corrupted, tried route planning on Garmin, Strava, RideGPS - nada! 

I thought my device was broken.  

Okay, Garmin has decided on some arbitrary limit... fine, but what would be really really helpful - if there was some notification either on the Garmin Connect app or on the device itself that the limit had been reached... thus saving me or potentially anyone else of 2 hours of absolute ballache! 

• It would be nice if that information was in the manual too. Garmin really needs to hire some decent tech writers as their manuals are almost worthless.

• That information is in the specs on the product page of the devices.  I agree it should also be other places to make it more visible.

• Should be easy for Garmin to display a 75.../100 ad on top of the device course list.

• I ran into the same problem with segments, and went through almost the exact same steps, sorry for your loss.

• I faced this issue today. After sending course to device, no any message in Garmin Connect Mobile or Edge device. No course saved in device.

Garmin, please add some error message in case can't be saved correctly due to limit reached.

• I faced this issue today. No any message in Garmin Connect Mobile or Edge device. No course saved in device.

Garmin, please add some error message in case course can't be stored on device due to course limit reached.

• ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC that they don't tell you this! I've lost more than 2 hours, that's for sure. I've dealt with this for a LONG time, wondering why I couldn't get courses to sync. Tried star and un-star courses. Looked into the files on the device. Not there. Try again. Not there. WHAT THE HECK? 

Worst thing is, GARMIN EXPRESS TELLS YOU that the course is ready to SYNC to device. So you ignorantly bother to SYNC. Figure you have it there to ride the next day. Go out to ride... NADA! WHAT??? So pissed at Garmin's PATHETIC lack of support. 

I FINALLY just figured out tonight when I bothered to go in to Windows Explorer (AGAIN) and decided to delete ALL the courses, hoping that maybe it would get past some glitch that was fouling things and preventing any more from loading. (I have 158 courses in Garmin Connect, many from of which came over from Strava.) But when I "selected all" files in the folder, I noticed it was exactly 100. HMMM! Must be a LIMIT! 

So I Googled "Garmin Edge 830 courses limit" and BINGO! There is this thread. REALLY, GARMIN?? You didn't anticipate people would want to USE that extra memory space that they PAID FOR when selecting the EDGE??

My FENIX has synced these courses fine, but it doesn't have nearly as many because it's newer to me and I haven't told Connect to sync all the older courses to it yet, AND because I really don't want to Navigate on the FENIX when I have the EDGE in front of me on the bike with much more convenient information display etc. WILL I HAVE A LIMIT ON THE FENIX? I have no idea. I WONDER IF GARMIN KNOWS?? (sarcasm!)

I'm becoming more and more convinced that I've wasted lots of time and cash on their products. Edge 830. TWO FENIX 6S Sapphires (me and my wife), Various HM, cadence, wheel sensors... 

For this kind of total lack of support. To have such "advanced" devices and yet provide absolutely the worst documentation of the devices is absolutely bottom of the barrel customer service. I've wasted a LOT of hours with tech support personnel in the last 3 years and honestly do NOT get good results. MANY TIMES the problems could be avoided with simple proper documentation of exactly what the device does, does not, and HOW to do it. 

NO. You have to go search for YouTube videos of people NOT EMPLOYED BY GARMIN who have learned exactly what Garmin ought to have told you when you PAID FOR THE DEVICE! The NOT CHEAP device! I'm glad my name isn't Garmin. I'd be keeping my head low when I went out in public. 

• Dude, take a breath.

• Since transferring a course to the Edge is so easily accomplished, why the need to keep so many on the device? 

• I'll keep maybe half a dozen rides on my 830 and that's it. 100 routes??